We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

how to change text : Welcome to our community! Here you'll find like-minded individuals who are passionate about the same things as you! | Forum

jaeson blythe
jaeson blythe Oct 25 '16
I want to change the following text on the mobile welcome page...

Welcome to our community! Here you'll find like-minded individuals who are passionate about the same things as you!

can see the entry in the database, have changed that, but it isn't reflected on the page...have changed to developer mode and reset the cache using the cache plugin...

any thoughts..?

Thanks

JB

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Oct 25 '16
You may also have to clear your browser cache as well. You should be able to make changes in  admin / settings / languages. You just need to search by the keywords you are wanting to change.
Also I'm thinking that database changes won't show until cron runs. I may be wrong, but I have seen some of those type changes take a little longer.
jaeson blythe
jaeson blythe Oct 26 '16
Thanks for the response...

So checked the info in the settings/language page and the updates are correctly displayed.

manually ran the cron job but page remains unchanged...

accessed page via private browser session but still unchanged...

#confused...

Thanks

JB

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Oct 26 '16
Kinda sounds like something added to a theme. I don't see that particular language in the base theme.
You said in the first post that you changed dev mode, and ran the cache cleaner plugin. Just making sure. The Cache Cleaner plugin says to use it when dev mode is not set to true. Not sure what it will do if you do that. When you set dev mode to true just go back to your site, and refresh the page. Then set it back to false. The cache cleaner plugin works well, but I don't think it does some of the things the other method does.
If it is something specific to your theme, you may need to contact the theme dev.