We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Suggestion - Premoderation | Forum

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Oct 26 '16
Hello

I missing a quick messages button to people that not have approved profile avatar.

It would bee very nice feature to have and make the work as admin much easier then you need send message every time this happens. On my site this happens 10-20 times a day and it will not stops and it takes me alot of time send message and paste text to they who not have avatar.(avatar that follow my guidelines 100% can see the face clearly)

Please make a quick message button same you did add delete button and approval button.

Thanks

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Feb 22 '19
Shaun
Shaun Nov 6 '16
Preset number of verification needed.

Would it possible to consider for a future update that only new members need to be pre moderated?

For example someone who is a new member to the site. Will need to get at least  5 items approved but after that he or she will be able to post freely without the need of having there content apprroved by an admin or moderator.

With this in mind I would like to be able to set certain items to allways needing to be approved. for example photo's and video's should always need approving by a mod or admin.

Regards.

Shaun.
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Nov 6 '16

Skadate CandyStore, the 'Chat Now' should appear even if the profile avatar is not approved. Seems the problem you've got faced with was caused by the theme you are using. Could you please specify the theme name.

Shaun, your suggestion is very specific and required the code modification. We will forward your suggestion to our product design department, but we do cannot guarantee that it will be implemented, so we would suggest you to search for a developer who can develop this feature for you.

Shaun
Shaun Nov 7 '16
Thanks for the reply, I will keep my fingers crossed . 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 7 '16
hello

I use skadate trend theme. so it should bee some more buttons? 

"chat now" is that you need paste a message all the time? or write a new message all the time? 

I look for same in my webb mail i can pick a saved message that i want to reply or send to someone. this is help a moderator very much to have saved messages that they can click a button to send. make a new message manually all the time and repeat same 1 or 2 messages is to much work for a moderator. there much bee a faster way send standard message like

"you profile avatar is not approved"

"you profile about me text is not approved"

I not want write this 1000 times everyday manually i want fast saved message button

And more thing i not understand how the approval process should work?

There is 3 options if the avatar is not approved:

1. You can delete the profile

2. You can approve and suspend the user and the avatar. (can he or she change avtar if i do that?)

3. You can approve and reset the avtar to default ghost avtar but then you will have many many ghost avtar profiles on you website?

4. You can manually write a message that is take many time to do if you have 50 avatars everyday that is not approved and tell them change avatar. And you wait them very long time for they doing this. (problem with that is you approval list will bee full off users with not approved avatar and you will bee mixed them up with new members that sign up, i want only new members that never been checked in the approval list no other users)

5. A quick saved message button is missing like i was told before and make it much easier send a message to the user but in what list will i put this user? still no understand this system?

6. A suspend button is missing to, you need first approve the user then 1 second after that suspend them?

7. when someone change avtar from approved avtar to not approved avatar you have only two option to reset the new avatar to default ghost avatar or suspend the user or leave a message again manually and that take very much time and then in the time he will decide upload new avatar he will use the site with a ghost avtar not good at all. there is no go back to old avatar feature same that many other dating sites have.

I feel there is much issues work with this plugin to bee much better some things is make me frustrating to working with this admin tool and should bee updated for make it easy for admins and make it more logic.

/skadate candy store

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Nov 7 '16
Gerry
Gerry Nov 23 '16
Shame it doesnt allow for moderation of profile content. Thats something pretty important for dating sites.
Gerry
Gerry Nov 23 '16
I'd also add moderation by membergroup (role). eg: free members are moderated, and paid subscribers can be non-moderated. Each site admin can then decide which roles are on moderation, and which not.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 23 '16
they dating sites i have signed up on they approve avatars,content,questions "after" they enter the website and you have all time in the world do so as admin later approve them but with this plugin you need do everything "before" they enter the website.

and the avatar approval system is not good at all. 

the avatar approval system need bee more complicated and have better features 

1. should we allowed approve avatar after they sign up on before they enter the site? I suggest after they enter the site and let they have a avatar that says waitinf for approval like other dating sites have.

2. when they want change to a new avatar to a old avatar and the new avatar is not approved it needs go back to the old avatar. if the user is new member and did not have a old avatar he should get a avatar that says avatar is not approved upload a new one and he should bee in a list that he will not bee visible in any search results in any software. not forget to have pst send message buttons with saved text for easy send to them with one click

3. i have write some other suggestion in this topic before i will not write them again

in my opinion this is so much things that could bee done better here and it is complicated stuff with approval systems and fast way for admin and approve users and make everyone happy admin and the members

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Nov 23 '16
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 23 '16
and with the price 49 usd they should but some effort do this plugin much better, it is a complicated plugin and i only happy with it 60% it need implement more better features for admin and for members and support skadate mobile apps fully. now members in my apps can change things and i will not get any notice about it

and do it support mobile version i hope it does so?

* Profile is now sent to premoderation after text field changes

very good feature it stops spammers and it helps stops people want free dating serivce only post they email or facebook id in this text fields

the last i say about this plugins is:

Take a look at 3 biggest dating sites on internet and try copy many great features they have about the approval system and add it to this plugin mixed with our ideas and suggestions and then it would bee worth spend 49 usd for this pugin

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Nov 23 '16
Gerry
Gerry Nov 23 '16
Noname.

Most dating sites have full moderation of profiles. Its not something that would be unusual. But as an admin, you'd have the option to untick the box, and not use that part. Plenty other people would use it.
You do not have permission to reply this topic