We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Deleted Messages Reappear when someone replys. - Mailbox | Forum

Christopher Matchmaker
Hello,

I have users that are very annoyed with the way messages are working, I already had to disable chat because it was confusing people and showing up in the message box. Now when someone gets a message or 5 or 2 etc from a user and they delete those messages, the messages pop right back up when the user sends a message again. Is there a fix for this. Please Help.

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Nov 3 '16
The chat in the mailbox is Facebook-like.
As to the message pop right back up - the user get only the last reply not all messages, isn't that so on your side?
Christopher Matchmaker
SOrry for the late reply, it appears they are just replying from different messages. I wish it was more organized. The messages feature is pretty much a mess compared to other sites. Is there anything in the roadmap for added features and bug fixes. The mobile version is not all that bad but the desktop can use some help.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Nov 10 '16
What do you mean by more organized?
Can you provide any example?
Christopher Matchmaker
Something a little more similar to the mailbox pro plug in but with more functionally. the ability to view sent and unsent messages, block and deleted message right on the same tab as the message and not at the top. make it more noticeable when a message is read.

Add a feature to show the sender that the message was right by the other person.

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Nov 17 '16
Oxwall is an open source software, you are free to modify it the way you want it. You can do that on your own if you have programming skills or hire a programmer to do that for you.

You can contribute with the solution to public oxwall repository: github.com/oxwall

As to your suggestion, you can post it on uservoice: https://oxwall.uservoice.com/forums/13756-ideas-for-oxwall

In the meantime this is considered as a custom code modification.
You do not have permission to reply this topic