We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

cronjobs | Forum

Edy
Edy Jul 26 '12
I have contacted my hosting  company about the cronjobs issue.

It seems that my cronjob script taking long time to get executed on the server. Please note the script supposed to   be executed within 30 seconds.
How can  i get help with that?

Michael I.
Michael I. Aug 1 '12
Any information why does it take so long to be executed? Can you request more information so that we knew what to look into.
The Forum post is edited by Michael I. Aug 1 '12
Edy
Edy Aug 1 '12

The cronjob must complete within 30 sec or our server will kill the script. This is done in order to protect our servers from stalling.

the server company just sent me this...
Edy
Edy Aug 1 '12
another e-mail by the server company....

Yes, you can inform to your script developer to manage your cronjob scripts so it should run within 30 seconds and this is due to our servers security. There is time set for the cron job execution which is 30 sec.

You can check the last point which is mentioned in our wiki:

https://www.servage.net/wiki/Create_cronjob

Michael I.
Michael I. Aug 3 '12
That's bad news from your hosting. Did you request increasing the 30 seconds limit? Our cron script may take up to five minutes to execute when there are many plugins installed and many active members on site.
Edy
Edy Aug 3 '12
yeah but they cannot do it.. i am trying alternative  cronjob site  but i cant seem to get it to work.. always end up with  500.phtml  error
Michael I.
Michael I. Aug 8 '12
Maybe that is the sign to switch to another hosting provider?