We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

custom css not working amazon s3 | Forum

Joseph
Joseph Jul 27 '12
when I turn off cloud files my sites css can be updated at teh back end but when I turn on cloud files it writes to my amazon s3 I check the file and the css file is good but when I go back to my site the theme goes to its default look I am unsure what the issue is all my other cloud files like photos are fine no issues
Joseph
Joseph Jul 31 '12
hello anyone working on this?
Michael I.
Michael I. Aug 3 '12
Stupid question, but I'll give it a try - do you have DEV_MODE enabled? If yes, PM me your FTP and phpMyAdmin details so that we could check into the issue.
Joseph
Joseph Sep 1 '12
I tried using dev mode and now I moved to a new server even and the problem persists even on brand new installs everything is fine until I place my cloud file code in config.php then the stuff stops working and this is the same code I have used in all previous versions of oxwall
Michael I.
Michael I. Sep 4 '12
What code exactly you're adding to the config.php file? Is that how you enable/disable cloud files?
Joseph
Joseph Sep 6 '12
i didnt really add any code I just used the same code I have been using and its the code that is in the oxwall documentation about amazon s3 http://docs.oxwall.org/install:cloud_hosting:amazons3
Joseph
Joseph Sep 25 '12
ok is anyone gonna assist me in this or at least let me know if the next build will solve this issue?
Joseph
Joseph Sep 25 '12
well when my site is in regular mode custom css works fine but when I add in my amazon cloud code (as I have before the last update) my site will not accept custom css from /admin/theme/css however before 1.4 was released it worked just fine

please note that for now I have used a style html that fixes most pages I put that in my custom head code but it does not effect all pages and is a pain to edit sometimes

The Forum post is edited by Joseph Sep 25 '12
Michael I.
Michael I. Sep 28 '12
Our developers are currently investigating into the issue reported by Joseph. I will keep you updated.
Joseph
Joseph Oct 18 '12
seems like this issue has been neglected
Michael I.
Michael I. Oct 19 '12
No, the issue wasn't neglected, developers are just very busy now. But I will do my best to get back to you with a reply in a week.
Joseph
Joseph Oct 19 '12
thank you for the reply just was getting curious
Michael I.
Michael I. Oct 31 '12
Joseph, I apologize for delay, our devs checked into your report and here is their reply:

When you are moving your site to clouds, make sure your ow_userfiles folder is moved to the cloud server, too. It looks like you did not do that. 

Try accessing the following page: {site_url}/admin/theme and click the Save button. That should solve the problem.

Joseph
Joseph Oct 31 '12
i did move the folder however I tried the suggestion here and it did not work
Joseph
Joseph Oct 31 '12
I will repeat this yet again I started using cloud a while ago and my theme has always worked and updated properly until 1.4 my cloud is set up and configured properly I waited a long tome only to get this as an answer did your team even actually test this? you have access to my site did you even look into my code etc to see what the issue is?
The Forum post is edited by Joseph Oct 31 '12
Joseph
Joseph Oct 31 '12
and let me ask when they say it looks like I did not do that? why dont they get my details and have a look before they say "it looks like" I know people are not perfect but there are simple specific ways to trouble shoot they saw my site I assume they saw my user files such as photos working properly on the cloud so where would they get the idea that my userfiles folder was not on teh cloud as it should be I didnt just start using amazon cloud yesterday I have been using it well over 6 months now