We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

video plugin | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Onur
Onur Nov 8 '16
i am looking a video plugin. it will be have thumb image. and it will be like oxwall video plugin. with categories and users will be upload videos. 
dave Leader
dave Nov 8 '16
The best one on the market, and i hear the developer is a really nice guy too :) 

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1283

Onur
Onur Nov 8 '16
i tested it. there no thumb image and seo url
dave Leader
dave Nov 8 '16
Oh your not running ffmpeg?  You wont find any video uploader that will give you a video thumb  because ffmpeg is the one that creates that.  So if your on a shared server you kinda screwed becaue most wont load that for you due to space. 

So basically what you doing is using the php option to upload and php cant do that, it has to be ffmpeg or a qualified video processor like maybe avconv i think for ubuntu... which is their version of ffmpeg..  

Thats just the way it is... i wish it was different. 

dave Leader
dave Nov 8 '16
And no there is no seo url, because they are way overrated. Besides i wanted to see what the seo was all about with oxwall before i looked into it at all.  The most important thing is that the users can upload videos and they will like using it.  Dont get hung up on the fussy stuff like seo url, as i said its way overrated and not having a video uploader is much worse than worring about the seo url... 

How did you test it by the way, i dont see you on my customer list... do you go by a different name?

The Forum post is edited by dave Nov 8 '16
Onur
Onur Nov 8 '16
No, i tested a installed a website. i have my own server. 
dave Leader
dave Nov 8 '16
so you have ffmeg?   ok well then the only way to not get a thumb is if you set the thumb setting to longer than the video is... If the video is 5 sec and you set the thumb setting to 10 sec then you wont get a thumb just a black box.  

So this name is not the name that you used to buy it?

Onur
Onur Nov 8 '16
you gived to me a demo website.
dave Leader
dave Nov 8 '16
oh ok you were on my developement site ok... sorry i forgot.. :)
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 10 '16
seo url is the king , it will make you success. they who says seo is not importen do not know what they talking about. it is everything for make this software success. 

with only fancy plugins you will not success dave 

anyways sorry i jump in i did not plan buy you plugin but i get worry how you are see on SEO your opinion about SEO

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Nov 10 '16
dave Leader
dave Nov 10 '16
I never said all SEO, i said seo url's are overrated.  Thats my opinion. When you have my experience and sell your own products you can have your own opinion. But please dont share it, im not interested.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 10 '16
you wrong dave...seo urls is everything...and if i see developers not agree about that... i worry very much for future plugins...but i hope not all developers is have same opinion you have about seo urls

oxwall team have at least start try make the core have more seo friendly url:s so it is time for you dave and other third part developers follow them , some are doing it already 

add a icon "seo friendly" or "mobile friendly" to the plugin store front page for developers that have put hard work on create seo friendly plugin or mobile friendly plugins..

this was Emil talk about in his blog. he want us success who buy his software not only sell fancy plugins and software that will not make people success and when you success you can buy more plugins and software

dave Leader
dave Nov 10 '16
Im sorry we dont provide support to skadate customers on the forum. You will need to contact skadate support for your questions or concerns.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 10 '16
"oxwall store" concerns is skadate users concerns

we all buy third part plugins in this store dave

take care you self...;)

dave Leader
dave Nov 10 '16
Marcus you really have a hard time understanding what im saying and im sorry about that. We dont care if you shop in the store, go for it.  But what i said is that we dont give skadate support on THIS FORUM.  Those are two different things.  So please direct your questions and concerns about anything forum related to skadate support. 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 11 '16
nobody have talk about support here? only you dave talk about support i talk about concerns about the store and the developers in the store that not care about seo urls

yes this is two different things at least we agree on that dave 

seo url is everything in google developers webmaster guidelines states

in seo the url it the highest point ranking 

seo structure is:

url
title
description
h1
h2
h3
words on the page
h4
h5 etc

if you thinks url is nothing you should stop making plugins and go and bake cakes you may be better at that 

Proof me some links to webmasters guidelines that states seo url is nothing

the reason why you says that is because you dont know how to code seo urls 

SEO urls, titles and others is something everyone wins on not only me....

And i feel you have same opinion about mobile version as you have about SEO.... 2 very importen things

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Nov 11 '16
dave Leader
dave Nov 11 '16
As i said, if you have a problem with a plugin then post your concerns on the plugin support forum area.  We do not offer support for skadate customers on this forum.

Also if you continue your abusive posts i will start proceedings to be sure you dont have that option any further.
The Forum post is edited by dave Nov 11 '16
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 11 '16
if you want create plugins with no seo friendly urls and no mobile support then you are not much want to make the store better and that is my opinion here in the oxwall store forum

you tell to people that SEO urls is not importen and that concerns the oxwall stores quality and thats why i post on oxwall store where i buy my plugins and i follow post that are posted here if that is illegal as a buyer from this plugins ,you can report it i not really care if you do.

you should report you self for say you want quality plugins in the store but you are speak opposit many times

have a nice day dave...

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Nov 11 '16
Rainwind
Rainwind Sep 18 '22
вы как бы облажались, потому что большая часть не будет искать его для вас из-за нехватки места. 
brian wilsonrt
brian wilsonrt Sep 28 '22
Please give you a comforting hug. You guys wordle 2 have done well. I hope good things will come to you