We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

PROBLEM! Even users are deleted, they KEEP get the message "we miss you" - Oxwall Reminder | Forum

TonyKa
TonyKa Nov 8 '16
I have this plugin,. its nice BUT when users delete their profile, i dont know where, this plugin stores their email and KEEPS sending them "we miss you"

very bad because users that left complain!!!

TonyKa
TonyKa Nov 9 '16
PURU CAN YOU HELP??? ALL DELETED USERS COMPLAIN!!

which is the db field in the db ???

Thank you

Purusothaman Ramanujam
I will check on this and provide an update ASAP.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
can you please try the new version from the store?
TonyKa
TonyKa Nov 28 '16
Thank you so much Puru i have SERIOUS problem!!!! The plugin is INACTIVE but it still sends!! I will uninstall now and install the new version. HOW it can send since it is INACTIVE??

thank you so much!

TonyKa
TonyKa Nov 28 '16
Puru after installation i get this and the site is completely down.. what i need to do?!?!!

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at ****site email to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Shaun
Shaun Nov 28 '16
Since updating my site is sending out thousends of emails even after i have deactivated it.
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Nov 29 '16
I also have the same issue....It is using high CPU usage i think it is trying to send 1,000 of messages dated back to when it stopped working.
Shaun
Shaun Nov 29 '16
I had to restore my site to a backup made before i updated. 5000 emails later and i was still receiving them. i now get the message that a local scanning code has identified my sites email as spam and is rejecting them.

Purusothaman Ramanujam
I believe the plugin is trying to send only valid emails. May I get some cpanel login and site admin details to test my changes?
Shaun
Shaun Nov 29 '16
Hi Puros,

I have uninstalled and re installed to plugin but unfortunatly I still get the exact same results.

50 messages at a time all the same content every 5 minutes with all the same recipitents. (come back we miss you) ect ect.

They all get bounced back to me now as my domain has been marked as having spam content.

:-(

Im happy to set up cpannell and site access at the weekend. Cant do anything until then due to work commitments.

Sorry.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Hi Shaun,

Thanks for further update. Meanwhile I will test it from my end too. When possible, share the cpanel details.

Molly J Bergström
Molly J Bergström Nov 29 '16
Hello,

I have the same problem with my users being spammed by emails, and it just keeps going although I've deactivated the plugin. I'm getting a lot of angry emails and already lost a bunch of members. Is there any way to make it stop?

Molly J Bergström
Molly J Bergström Nov 30 '16
The setting for the plugin is to send these emails every 21 days, so I don't understand why they take a break and then keep sending out tons of emails even though it's a new day.

Could someone at least point me to where I can make it stop? Is there a database setting or some other tweak? 

Dave
Dave Nov 30 '16
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Molly J Bergström
Hello again,

I temporarily solved it by stopping all outgoing emails from the site, but this isn't a really good solution. Although it's better than users being spammed. Any solution on the horizon?

Igor Ilic
Igor Ilic Nov 30 '16
I have same issues. I temporarily disable your plugin.
Molly J Bergström
Hey Igor,

For me it didn't help to disable or completely uninstall the plugin, it still kept sending mails. So keep an eye out for that.

Igor Ilic
Igor Ilic Nov 30 '16
Hey Molly,
After I disable plugin, I empty table ow_skadatebase_mail in database, because this module put 15 Gb of mails in this table and exceed my server quota. So, probably you have lot of mails in table ow_base_mail, and it sending it even if you disable this plugin.

Molly J Bergström
Oh, I was wondering where in the database to empty the emails, thank you so much for letting me know, I'll get to that straight away!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »
This topic is locked
You do not have permission to reply this topic