We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

PROBLEM! Even users are deleted, they KEEP get the message "we miss you" - Oxwall Reminder | Forum

Purusothaman Ramanujam
I have uploaded the new version. Can someone please try it and let me know if this works?
Molly J Bergström
Molly J Bergström Nov 30 '16
Hello Puru,

I tried it again and it's still the same thing. I put the inactivity notifications to 35 days, and still it sends a load of mails and clutters my database table with over 27 000 rows. 

I won't dare to try it again since my users are going crazy, anyone else who can try it instead?

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Nov 30 '16
Hi Igor Ilic

I have 30 GB in my ow_base_mail....which crashes with sending emails my site...So in MyPhp Admin do i drop or empty the table ?
Molly J Bergström
Molly J Bergström Nov 30 '16
Hi Webster,

I just emptied (trunctuated) my database table, and that's what you're supposed to do. It worked and the mails stopped going out. 

Igor Ilic
Igor Ilic Nov 30 '16
Hi Webster,
Molly have a right. You need just empty this database.
Dave
Dave Nov 30 '16
This is for newbies who are using CPANEL on shared hosting servers. A quick step by step of how to fix this HORRIBLE issue caused by the recent plugin update. Open your oxwall admin panel and fully Uninstall the plugin (deactivating the plugin may not be enough to fix this problem, however as pointed out by Igor a deactivating may work so give it a go first!). Next Login to your hosting account and go-to your CPANEL, next go down to "database tools" select "phpMyAdmin" (used to access your database data). Next select the correct Database name that your Oxwall installation is using. (if you don't feel comfortable making these changes I suggest you stop now at this stage and ask someone to help you) Next expand the database structure and open the table named ow_base_mail, next select "Operations" (at the top) next scroll down to the box\section titled "Delete data or table" and select   Empty the table (TRUNCATE)Next logout and close all open windows.   Your done.

WARNING: don't select/click the DELETE TABLE function.  "phpMyAdmin" is an advanced database editing tool, do yourself a favor and do not play around while you're in there, 1 wrong click can and does cause devastating damage! These instructions may differ on your server/s. Basically this is a quick guide to assist you. You're on your own, so don't hold me responsible for any mistakes... take it or leave it! If you're unsure or don't feel comfortable making these changes, please message Purus and ask him to resolve it for you. Better than causing database damage to your Oxwall installation!

The Forum post is edited by Dave Dec 1 '16
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Nov 30 '16
Thanks guys it worked, even though the site is a bit slow but it is accessible for now ....But after few hours it went to 10 GB again :(
The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi Nov 30 '16
Igor Ilic
Igor Ilic Dec 1 '16
Hi Dave,
For me it is enough to only deactivate plugins and empty table ow_base_mail. I make this before 3 days and table is empty whole time. So first try to deactivate plugin, and if issues still exist (you will see immediately if it put some new data in next few seconds in table ow_base_mail) then uninstall it.
Dave
Dave Dec 1 '16
Good advice Igor, yes we found that on certain environments a deactivate worked and on others this required an uninstall. The above advice was written as a broad fix for shared hosting environments! (new cms/php users) :-)
Quote from Igor Ilic Hi Dave,
For me it is enough to only deactivate plugins and empty table ow_base_mail. I make this before 3 days and table is empty whole time. So first try to deactivate plugin, and if issues still exist (you will see immediately if it put some new data in next few seconds in table ow_base_mail) then uninstall it.

Purusothaman Ramanujam
I had an update posted yesterday. That might fix the performance issue.
Igor Ilic
Igor Ilic Dec 1 '16
Molly say that was try your upgrade/fix, but still have same issues.
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Dec 1 '16
Hi Puru,

Cant you put an option to reset emails, instead of sending old data you can select on the plugin to only send messages based on activities happening after re-installation.

Because since you've been gone for a year the plugin is trying to send messages it missed for the passed 365 days im on VPS but my server can't handle the load it crashes so i can imagine the pain for those who are on shared hosting.
Molly J Bergström
Molly J Bergström Dec 1 '16
Yes, I tried the update yesterday with the same results. So my users got another batch of emails.. And I emptied the database table beforehand. 
The Forum post is edited by Molly J Bergström Dec 1 '16
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Webster Molaudi Hi Puru,

Cant you put an option to reset emails, instead of sending old data you can select on the plugin to only send messages based on activities happening after re-installation.

Because since you've been gone for a year the plugin is trying to send messages it missed for the passed 365 days im on VPS but my server can't handle the load it crashes so i can imagine the pain for those who are on shared hosting.
I understand your concern. Thanks for the idea too. I will have to rethink on the design to avoid too much emails.
TonyKa
TonyKa Dec 5 '16
SOS MI SITUATION IS CRITICAL

I DID THIS AND NOT WORKING.

TWO MEMBERS SEND REQUEST TO POLICE AND GOVERMENT AND I GOT PAPER THAT I AM ACCUSED TO GO TO COURT, FACE BIG PENALTY AND GO TO PRISON.

THE FU@NK SYSTEM DOES NOT WANT TO STOP SENDING THE SPAM MESSAGES.

WHAT IS THE WAY TO STOP IT? I AM READY TO DELETE THE USER FROM CPANEL AND DESTROY THE SITE, CANNOT DO NOTHING ELSE.

CAN SOMEBODY HELP?

I DID ALL THAT YOU SAY. I STOPPED AND UNINTALLED THE PLUGIN. I TRUNKATED THE DB BUT I STILL HAVE THE MESSAGES OUT.

I NEED URGUNTLY HELP AS I FACE PROBLEMS WITH THE LAW AND I NEED TO PROVE WHAT IS THE PROVLEM.

PLEASE HELP - APOLOGIES FOR CAPITALS

Quote from Dave This is for newbies who are using CPANEL on shared hosting servers. A quick step by step of how to fix this HORRIBLE issue caused by the recent plugin update. Open your oxwall admin panel and fully Uninstall the plugin (deactivating the plugin may not be enough to fix this problem, however as pointed out by Igor a deactivating may work so give it a go first!). Next Login to your hosting account and go-to your CPANEL, next go down to "database tools" select "phpMyAdmin" (used to access your database data). Next select the correct Database name that your Oxwall installation is using. (if you don't feel comfortable making these changes I suggest you stop now at this stage and ask someone to help you) Next expand the database structure and open the table named ow_base_mail, next select "Operations" (at the top) next scroll down to the box\section titled "Delete data or table" and select   Empty the table (TRUNCATE)Next logout and close all open windows.   Your done.

WARNING: don't select/click the DELETE TABLE function.  "phpMyAdmin" is an advanced database editing tool, do yourself a favor and do not play around while you're in there, 1 wrong click can and does cause devastating damage! These instructions may differ on your server/s. Basically this is a quick guide to assist you. You're on your own, so don't hold me responsible for any mistakes... take it or leave it! If you're unsure or don't feel comfortable making these changes, please message Purus and ask him to resolve it for you. Better than causing database damage to your Oxwall installation!

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Dec 5 '16
Disable plugin for now
TonyKa
TonyKa Dec 5 '16
I DISABLED AND UNINSTALLED!!! IT STILL SENDS!! ITS UNINSTALLED!!!!!

AND I DID ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS AS DAVE INSTRUCTS

Igor Ilic
Igor Ilic Dec 5 '16
Hi TonyKa,
Problem is that cron job read data that is in table ow_base_mail (ow_skadatebase_mail if you use SkaDate), in your database, and send all prepared mails. Like I say in my post before, you need to empty table ow_base_mail(ow_skadatebase_mail if you use SkaDate) in your database.
TonyKa
TonyKa Dec 6 '16
there are only these:

ow_skadate_account_type_to_gender

ow_skadate_avatar

ow_skadate_current_location

ow_skadate_speedmatch_relation

there is no ow_skadatebase_mail  as you mention

WHAT I NEED TO DO PLEASE HELP!!

i followed the info of DAVE but nothing changed!!!

I have SERIOUS problem. 

Unfortunatelly noone cared for the situation I face but only to take money.

TonyKa
TonyKa Dec 6 '16
ITS NOT THERE MOLLY...

EVEN IF I DISABLE IT ITS STILL SPAMMING EVERYONE. I HAVE SERIOUYS PROBLEMS PURU AND I ABSOLUTELLY GET NO HELP!!
ITS S E R I US  I WILL PAY PENALTIES BEVCAUSE I TRUSTED YOUR PLUGINGS!
PLEASE AT LEAST HELP ME GET RID OF IT I BEG YOU 1 WEEK
CAN YOU PLEASE DO SOMETHING?? I HAVE SERIOUS SERIOUS PROBLEMS
IS IT CLEAR?
CAN YOU TELL ME AFTER UNINSTALLING THE PLUGIN , WHICH DB I HAVE TO CLEAR IN SKADATE TO STOP THESE SPAMS???
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »
This topic is locked
You do not have permission to reply this topic