We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

The future of Oxwall mobile Site version. | Forum

Shaun
Shaun Nov 11 '16
As I have said many time before I love the Oxwall software and like most I was overjoyed when Oxwall announced development on a mobile version of the site.

However the current version still does not include all of the basic Oxwall plugings and still feels like it needs a bit of a development boost. I have checked the Road map a few times hoping to see features being added but it just doesnt seem to be a priority.

I am not complaining in this post because I do realise that the developers here are always working to Improve the software but I am hoping to raise the priority of mobile development for both Oxwall and third party developers.

I have a very small site by comparison to some users but still note that most of the comments that I receave regarding the software are from users frustrated with the limited functionality of the mobile site.

Oxwall are there plans to further develope the mobile version?

Third party developers Do you consider the mobile version important when developing your plugins?

Oxwall Users going forward do you agree that the mobile version should be given a higher priority?

Thank you.

Shaun.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 11 '16

Well said i could not write it better my self...

>>> Oxwall Users going forward do you agree that the mobile version should be given a higher priority? <<<

I agree fully what you are say Shaun and i try speak with some old developer here and they not care about this mobile version and i feel that is not good for future development.

Aron and dave is 2 of this i know not try make they plugins work for this mobile version even that we soon in 2017 and many are use mobile this days. 

I should guess more then 60% of my members do use mobile version. 

Last i want to give good feedback

I see very good respons from the NEW developers here at oxwall about make they plugins working for mobile version.

My hat off to this NEW developers that want make a proper plugin that support not only 50% of the oxwall core. We need more new developers that want make they plugins support mobile version and make they plugin seo friendly.

Thanks

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Nov 11 '16