We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Total user count | Forum

TheNovice
TheNovice Nov 15 '16
I have searched the forums but can't seem to find any information relating to presenting problem, so ifs already out there, I do apologize. Since yesterday, I noted that the user count total shown in admin page has stopped totaling my user count, I noted this after having approved new accounts. Obviously, its good to know the total registered users I have.I'm using Platform version 1.8.3 (build 10600) and have no errors showing anywhere. Any idea?

dave Leader
dave Nov 15 '16
Hi, you said it stopped counting, does that mean it stopped at a certain number or does it show 0 or nothing ?  Is this what your referring to ?

The Forum post is edited by dave Nov 15 '16
TheNovice
TheNovice Nov 15 '16
Hi Dave, its stopped at 946 users lol and I've since approved 5 more accounts. user count remains unchanged,and here from the admin/users page.

BROWSE USERSTotal: 946 users

dave Leader
dave Nov 15 '16
have you installed any new plugins recently
TheNovice
TheNovice Nov 15 '16
Nope, haven't touched anything in months, everything is working and running well and has been, I have no errors being reported. I just noticed the user count stopped accumulating, yesterday. I should add, I can users are being approved and I do  see the users joined on the news feed after approval.
The Forum post is edited by TheNovice Nov 15 '16
dave Leader
dave Nov 15 '16
ok first step lets check the users table to see if its correct. 

go to your phpMyadmin and go to the ow_base_user table  then click the sql tab at the top and run this query copy it and then press control V to paste in that block

SELECT count(*) FROM `ow_base_user`

then it will show you what the count is exactly. 

TheNovice
TheNovice Nov 15 '16
Hi Dave, I just done that and it confirmed 946, does this suggest that a column  is not being created for new users?

count(*)946

The Forum post is edited by TheNovice Nov 15 '16
dave Leader
dave Nov 15 '16
Maybe you had some attrition at the same time, IE maybe you lost a few at the same time who deleted their profiles.   It counts all rows so thats how many rows you have total in your users table. 
dave Leader
dave Nov 15 '16
watch it next time you create or approve a user to see if it changes, if not then we can dig deeper, but it seems fine. 
The Forum post is edited by dave Nov 15 '16
TheNovice
TheNovice Nov 15 '16
Ill do that, I don't think I lost any users as the count was at 946 prior to approval/creation of new users. But it may well be a time a line thing, but Ill create a user and see what happens. Thank you Dave :)
TheNovice
TheNovice Nov 15 '16
Hi Dave, I created a new user and the user count did change to 947, so its counted that one and reduced the count upon deletion of that account. Seems to be working fine as you suggested. it may well have been a time line thing after all.

thank you for your help, greatly appreciated..

J.

dave Leader
dave Nov 15 '16
Your very welcome, glad to hear its working fine for you.. If that changes let us know. :)