We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to duplicate landing page | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Joaquin
Joaquin Nov 15 '16

Hi,

I've been looking for something like this but couldn't find it.

I want to duplicate my landing page, looking exactly the same as it is now, but only with different text.

I want to add it to my domain like <www.mysite.com>/new_page

Can anyone advise on how to achive this?

Thank you

Joaquin

The Forum post is edited by Joaquin Nov 15 '16
dave Leader
dave Nov 15 '16
You can create a new page in admin->pages add item  as far as duplicating the home page is there a reason your wanting to do that? Maybe there is a better way to accomplish what you want. 
Joaquin
Joaquin Nov 16 '16
Hi Dave,

Thank you for getting back to me. The reason is to optimise the site for SEO with different keyword. Hence the second landing page.

The option you mentioned wouldn't work I think. The menu would have to come along to the second page, and everything else. I am looking for an exact copy of the landing page, but with different text.

Regards,
J.

dave Leader
dave Nov 16 '16
Thats going to take some custom coding.  I guess you can try to make copies of the base index files in the theme and call them something else, then do the same with the php files but your talking about a lot of work to do that. 

The SEO tool is not working as you want?  You do know that Google no longer uses keywords, they stopped doing that a while back. So even if you add more keywords its not going to help your google position. 

https://webmasters.googleblog.com/2009/09/google-does-not-use-keywords-meta-tag.html

The Forum post is edited by dave Nov 16 '16
dave Leader
dave Nov 16 '16
My personal opinion, focus on site content, site activity and getting users. The google ranking will come. Some people use all kinds of tricks to try to game the SEO.  But honestly the best medicine is the same thing that has always worked. 

Content = Traffic = Ranking

That was driven into my skull many times, content content content..... lol 

The Forum post is edited by dave Nov 16 '16
Joaquin
Joaquin Nov 16 '16
Hi Dave, thanks for the hint.

I will bear it in mind.

J.