We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

What is wrong on profile View? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Petre Marian
Petre Marian Nov 20 '16
Hello, Please help:

I have 12 type of genders options.
Is not showing gender for all type of users as you can see on the picture.

I have do nothing special for the options that are visible....

Please help... What I must do to be all visible?

2. Also I have another question ... How can I show in Chat, next to the username the gender? see the photo:

The Forum post is edited by Petre Marian Nov 20 '16
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Nov 20 '16
You will want to make sure the gender profile question is set to required. If it isn't, they probably aren't answering the question.

The second part would be a custom code modification. That would be something you would have to do on your own, if you you have programming skills, or hire a developer to do it for you.
dave Leader
dave Nov 20 '16
Regarding adding the sex to the mini chat see here.. 

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/51223

it is not as you like but it is in the title popup which is better than you have now.. 

Petre Marian
Petre Marian Nov 20 '16

@Darryl B

The gender profile question is set to required. All is checked on (required, on sign Up, On profile edit, on profile view, on search.)

@dave

I read that... I allready have that "bubble" (If I hoover the mouse over the avatar the information is visible) I just think is more useful to be displayed next to the username...

dave Leader
dave Nov 20 '16
OK, yeah that will be a custom coding job then.. 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 20 '16
Petre 

you can post custom project regarding oxwall at upwork.com there is many good developers there that can help you create a plugin or custom code

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Nov 20 '16
Okay. Are all of your gender selections listed in the base profile question, or did you create questions for each gender choice?
The system looks at the base profile question.
If they are all listed as a choice option in the base question, Ross may have to get involved with this.
Petre Marian
Petre Marian Nov 21 '16
They are all listed as a choice option in the base question as you can see on the attached pictures below...

I don't understand whay at Cuplu and Barbat Bi is showing OK and at the others not.

The Forum post is edited by Petre Marian Nov 21 '16
Attachments:
  4.png (67Kb)
  5.png (123Kb)
  6.png (108Kb)
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Nov 21 '16
Did you change the field name to "Base" from previous comments? When I was talking about base questions It was in reference to the default questions that come with the platform. It could be that the system is looking for the Gender field in the database, but can't find it.
Petre Marian
Petre Marian Nov 22 '16

I believe is happening because I changed the gender appearence order, But I'm not sure... I will made some tests...