We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Changing the language key for the main page | Forum

dave Leader
dave Nov 22 '16
How many of you have changed the default language key for the dashboard page description (on the browser tab) which by default is Social Networking to something else?

Also curious what you have used in place of that, with some success? 

I changed mine to Connecting Community.  But i wonder if this should be much more specific to page content rather than just Social Networking or Connecting Community.  Maybe something directly specific about the page itself.

The Forum post is edited by dave Nov 22 '16
Oxwall Tips
Oxwall Tips Nov 23 '16
Changed mine to a very niche specific title. From what I found out, index page and dashboard page use one and the same title ( which seems to be default one in case if unique one is not given).

Answering question from last paragrph, since dashboard page is closed for guest users, I figured that it doesn't matter much what the title is, since the page won't be indexed by search engines.

Other then giving users themselves a better understanding what page they are on, I do not think that you need to worry a lot about title of this page.

+ title is not completely visible in any case, because on PC you tend to have several tabs open and end up with just first couple of letters being visible without mouse hover.
The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Tips Nov 23 '16
dave Leader
dave Nov 23 '16
Thanks OT for the reply.. ;)
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 30 '16
great tips OT i will keep that in mind :)