We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Members list in alphabetical order? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
John
John Nov 24 '16
My site will consist of clubs and members. The public can only view the 20 clubs and they will fit on the one screen. As such, I need them to be listed alphabetically and not by the most recent listing. I could do this manually, but new clubs will come on board from time to time and throw everything out.

can this be done even at core level? All help appreciated.

Attachments:
  Clipboard02.jpg (10Kb)
Oxwall Tips
Oxwall Tips Nov 25 '16
when Members page is opened it defaults to 'list' => 'latest' . Hence the sorting by activity date.

what it you switch the default list to 'list' => 'featured' ? As site admin you have full control over featured users and you can keep permanent 20 featured users to public.

Of course you will have to rename Featured to something else, so that users do not actually think they are featured =) .

And then you will have to live with the fact that even loged in members will be seeing "featured" users by default as well and will need to switch to "latest" to see all users.
The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Tips Nov 25 '16
John
John Nov 28 '16
Thanks Oxwall Tips and sorry for the late reply. Your excellent suggestions helped enormously, but the Sheds (Featured) still fail to list alphabetically. The attached screenshot shows how far I've advanced, but I still have to work out how to get the script to default to Sheds (Featured) when the user accesses the page. Plus get things to appear alphabetically of course. Any further suggestions?

I have another problem but that's in a separate thread.

Thanks again

Attachments:
  Sheds screen.jpg (34Kb)