We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Error 500 on forum after UPDATE | Forum

Hadi Kamell
Hadi Kamell Aug 1 '12
Hi
after that i was update to 1.4.0

there was an Error (500) on creating new posts or reading posts in forum.

Like This

Please Help us
Michael I.
Michael I. Aug 1 '12
Check this topic and provide more information: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/4661
Hadi Kamell
Hadi Kamell Aug 1 '12
OK
this is my real error:

OW Debug - Exception
File:     /home/public_html/qq/ow_core/validator.php
Line:     70
Trace:    

#0 /home/public_html/qq/ow_plugins/forum/controllers/topic.php(886): OW_Validator->setErrorMessage('')
#1 /home/public_html/qq/ow_plugins/forum/controllers/topic.php(143): FORUM_CTRL_Topic->generateAddPostForm(790)
#2 [internal function]: FORUM_CTRL_Topic->index(Array)
#3 /home/public_html/qq/ow_core/request_handler.php(266): ReflectionMethod->invokeArgs(Object(FORUM_CTRL_Topic), Array)
#4 /home/public_html/qq/ow_core/application.php(300): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch()
#5 /home/public_html/qq/index.php(65): OW_Application->handleRequest()
#6 {main}

What Should I Do ?
The Forum post is edited by Hadi Kamell Aug 1 '12
Michael I.
Michael I. Aug 2 '12
Hadi, check into missing language values on your website. This problem is because there is no value for the error message.
Hadi Kamell
Hadi Kamell Aug 4 '12
thanks
it was BCOZ of missing language values on forum plugin..
Daniel James
Daniel James Aug 24 '12
Hi, i am having the same Problem. Can you tell me what you mean with BCOZ and how you fixed it?
Thanks, DJ
Hadi Kamell
Hadi Kamell Aug 27 '12
BCOZ=Because!

please check "forum" 's language fields of your site..
Hadi Kamell
Hadi Kamell Aug 27 '12
and fill empty fields to fix this problem.
Den Team
Den Aug 30 '12
Vicki
Vicki Aug 30 '12
Error 500 after trying to install core update. Now I cannot get into the site to update. What do I do?

Message: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'joinIp' in 'field list' File: /home2/xtendyo1/public_html/ow_core/database.php Line: 305 Trace: #0 /home2/xtendyo1/public_html/ow_core/database.php(305): PDOStatement->execute() #1 /home2/xtendyo1/public_html/ow_core/database.php(393): OW_Database->execute('UPDATE `ow_base...', Array) #2 /home2/xtendyo1/public_html/ow_core/database.php(430): OW_Database->query('UPDATE `ow_base...', Array) #3 /home2/xtendyo1/public_html/ow_core/database.php(479): OW_Database->update('UPDATE `ow_base...', Array) #4 /home2/xtendyo1/public_html/ow_core/base_dao.php(205): OW_Database->updateObject('ow_base_user', Object(BOL_User)) #5 /home2/xtendyo1/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/user_service.php(623): OW_BaseDao->save(Object(BOL_User)) #6 /home2/xtendyo1/public_html/ow_core/application.php(200): BOL_UserService->updateActivityStamp(1) #7 /home2/xtendyo1/public_html/index.php(43): OW_Application->init() #8 {main} Type: PDOException
The Forum post is edited by Vicki Aug 30 '12
Michael I.
Michael I. Sep 4 '12
Vicki, did you upgrade your Oxwall installation recently?
Vicki
Vicki Sep 4 '12
Hi Michael, that is the point. I clicked to update the core and that's when it pooped. So, what can I do? Do I have to delete my entire site and do a fresh new install?
Michael I.
Michael I. Sep 5 '12
Vicki, you can do that if there is no information to be kept. If there is any, I will provide you with a SQL query that would fix the problem. I'd stick with the second option if I were you ;)
Vicki
Vicki Sep 5 '12
Hi Michael, I made a backup using Data Exporter before I tried to update the core but not sure if the Data Importer is going to do what it says it will do (backs up everything). Which would be the better option?

1. Re-install everything and run Data Importer?

2. Try your script?
Michael I.
Michael I. Sep 12 '12
Hi Vicki, sorry for delay, I think running the script first would be a better idea. I will PM it to you in a couple of hours.
Vicki
Vicki Sep 12 '12
Hi Michael, It's ok. But I have already ended up destroying the website :( I tried to do a re-install using "simple scripts" in my hosting control panel and it killed the website. I have deleted everything and trying to start from scratch and restore from backup (hoping the backup with work).

I do have another website that needs upgrading and now I'm terrified of clicking that link in oxwall to upgrade.

If you can still please send me the script that might save me on that website should it blow up like the other one.
Vicki
Vicki Sep 12 '12
Hi Michael, I tried the data importer and got the same error message. Will your script help me please? I'm getting a little desperate as I've had this issue for 12 days now. Thanks in advance for your help:

Message: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'whoCanView' in 'where clause' File: /home2/xtendyo1/public_html/ow_core/database.php Line: 305 Trace: #0 /home2/xtendyo1/public_html/ow_core/database.php(305): PDOStatement->execute() #1 /home2/xtendyo1/public_html/ow_core/database.php(349): OW_Database->execute('SELECT * FROM o...', NULL) #2 /home2/xtendyo1/public_html/ow_core/base_dao.php(89): OW_Database->queryForObjectList('SELECT * FROM o...', 'GROUPS_BOL_Grou...') #3 /home2/xtendyo1/public_html/ow_plugins/groups/bol/group_dao.php(93): OW_BaseDao->findListByExample(Object(OW_Example)) #4 /home2/xtendyo1/public_html/ow_plugins/groups/bol/service.php(203): GROUPS_BOL_GroupDao->findOrderedList(0, 3) #5 /home2/xtendyo1/public_html/ow_plugins/groups/components/groups_widget.php(60): GROUPS_BOL_Service->findGroupList('latest', 0, 3) #6 /home2/xtendyo1/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/components/drag_and_drop_item.php(230): GROUPS_CMP_GroupsWidget->__construct(Object(BASE_CLASS_WidgetParameter)) #7 /home2/xtendyo1/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/components/drag_and_drop_index.php(115): BASE_CMP_DragAndDropItem->renderView() #8 /home2/xtendyo1/public_html/ow_smarty/template_c/877405244b4c7400776032045da7f3763002ea3e.file.drag_and_drop_entity_panel.html.php(94): BASE_CMP_DragAndDropIndex->tplComponent(Array, Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #9 /home2/xtendyo1/public_html/ow_libraries/smarty3/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(180): content_5050c9fb8b899(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #10 /home2/xtendyo1/public_html/ow_core/view_renderer.php(101): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('/home2/xtendyo1...') #11 /home2/xtendyo1/public_html/ow_core/renderable.php(263): OW_ViewRenderer->renderTemplate('/home2/xtendyo1...') #12 /home2/xtendyo1/public_html/ow_core/component.php(80): OW_Renderable->render() #13 /home2/xtendyo1/public_html/ow_core/renderable.php(250): OW_Component->render() #14 /home2/xtendyo1/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/component_panel.php(56): OW_Renderable->render() #15 /home2/xtendyo1/public_html/ow_core/request_handler.php(274): BASE_CTRL_ComponentPanel->render() #16 /home2/xtendyo1/public_html/ow_core/application.php(300): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch() #17 /home2/xtendyo1/public_html/index.php(65): OW_Application->handleRequest() #18 {main} Type: PDOException
Michael I.
Michael I. Sep 18 '12
Vicki, try this query:

ALTER TABLE  `ow_groups_group` ADD  `whoCanView` VARCHAR( 100 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT  'anyone';

If it doesn't help, let me know as it seems you are having some serious issues with updating your website.