We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

iPhone Safari no longer lets user sign in. Chrome on iPhone still works. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Kevin
Kevin Nov 28 '16
I test our site from Chrome on my iPhone all the time. However sometime Safari on the iPhone will NOT accept the same password for any of the accounts I test. Now is one of those times/

I have cleared Safari History and Website Data, rebooted phone, and still no longer can log in with credentials that work in Chrome.  Has anyone else experienced this and knows the solution?

My site is not live yet, but don't want to deal with users having the same issue.

Thanks

dave Leader
dave Nov 28 '16
Oxwall does not support Safari, actually not many do because of the very low volumn of users.  Most softwares only code for IE, Chrome, and FF. 

Kevin
Kevin Nov 28 '16
To be clear I should have mentioned on iOS (iPhone and iPad) not Mac.

Safari is the default browser for all Apple phones.

dave Leader
dave Nov 28 '16
You did say iPhone i missed that.  I will have to let Ross or someone else answer this one as i dont own a mobile device myself (i dont like them) so i would not be able to answer that, sorry. 
ross Team
ross Nov 29 '16
What is your Safari browser version? 
Kevin
Kevin Nov 29 '16
iOS version is current 10.1.1
Kevin
Kevin Nov 29 '16
Found issue was a default setting on iOS:
I found that Cookies were "Always Blocked" which causes problems with password protected websites. To change: Settings; Safari; Privacy & Security; Block Cookies; Change to Allow from Websites I Visit. This will allow you to get into your password protected websites.

Also previously I had to enable pop up for several items in site to work.
Hope this helps someone else.
The Forum post is edited by Kevin Nov 29 '16
dave Leader
dave Nov 29 '16
Thanks Kevin we really appreciate the information, glad you got it fixed :)
David
David Nov 29 '16
Kevin! You actually solved MY problem.  I don't surf with my phone, but I use it for designing purposes.  Much appreciated!  You've earned a spot on my much-coveted Christmas Cookie List!  Hey, laugh now, but my wife does some killer cookie baking!
Many thanks!
Kevin
Kevin Nov 29 '16
Sure thing.

One of those "improved" settings gifts from Apple that seem to change when iOs updates ;)
Karl Johans
Karl Johans Nov 22 '22
To be clear I should have mentioned on iOS (iPhone and iPad repair) not iMac devices.

Safari is the default browser for all Apple phones.