We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

user role/account type join page | Forum

Brandon
Brandon Nov 29 '16
how do i remove account type on join page?  I have looked through the entire back office and i dont see anywhere i can change this.  i have multiple account types but i dont want people to be able to chose which one when they join .   i want them all to come on as standard then i will set their role after approval.
dave Leader
dave Nov 29 '16
I believe if you only have one account type, then that option will go away. 
Brandon
Brandon Nov 29 '16
yes but i want more than one account and as people join based on their profile questions i will place them in correct user role.  i dont want them to be able to pick on sign up
dave Leader
dave Nov 29 '16
well thats gonna be some custom coding...  what you can do is use the console element inspector to see what css covers that and then add the custom css to your admin theme section and put  display:none; for that css and it should go away.  The problem is that you have to check it becaue that css could be used by other items and you might just clear the whole page, or things you dont want to. 

So try that, if that does not work, i will see if i can find the html for you. However every time you update you will need to add the change again if we do it this way. 

ross Team
ross Nov 29 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.