We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Drop down menus | Forum

Steve
Steve Nov 29 '16
I had to completely redo my server from installing a new control panel on up every thing is working fine except one minor problem.

The Admins drop down menu doesn't work at all and the user drop down menu only works sometimes after refreshing the browser.

Any sugestions on how to fix it?

dave Leader
dave Nov 30 '16
are you using a base theme?
Steve
Steve Nov 30 '16
When I first loaded oxwall it was simplicity and I had the problem then and now I am using facebook_go and still having the same problem

dave Leader
dave Nov 30 '16
go back to simplicity if you can, we need to get it going using a base theme first. 
Steve
Steve Nov 30 '16
Okay I am back to Simplicity

dave Leader
dave Nov 30 '16
pm me your site url ill have a look, i might register with a test account. 
dave Leader
dave Nov 30 '16
ross i am working with him on pm, he is using oxwall version 1.8.0 on a windows server 2003 install. I am having him clear all his cache (dns and otherwise) on his end because the dropdown works for me on FF. 
The Forum post is edited by dave Nov 30 '16
dave Leader
dave Nov 30 '16
ross im gonna shoot you a pm here on this with my test account info that i made on his site.  

Whats happening is that the drop down is not working on the index page but if you click on the dropdown box itself (the users name) which brings up the profile then hover, it will work.  

Its beyond my expertise right now, it needs your loving touch.. ;)

dev and debug are both off he said ross. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Nov 30 '16
ross Team
ross Nov 30 '16
It work for me in Chrome, but does not work in FF, Steve, please disable all third party plugins and all third party js code, like add this on your website, enable dev mode and refresh your website, disable dev mode, clear browser cache and see if the issue persists. 
Steve
Steve Nov 30 '16
I am beginning to think my problem is in the control panel I am using it is using this in it.

apache 2.2.29 php 5.4.36 perl 5.16.3 imagick 6.8.9 mysql 5.5.41 

dave Leader
dave Nov 30 '16
which panel are you using?
Steve
Steve Nov 30 '16
I was using zpanel now I am using Sentora...They are both a lot like cpanel but written in php.

The Forum post is edited by Steve Nov 30 '16
dave Leader
dave Dec 1 '16
well if it works for me and it works for ross then it has to be a local issue