We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Blocked user can still like pictures | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Nathalie
Nathalie Dec 3 '16
Hello,

I have a user that is stalking me and I blocked him from my profile. But he still can like my pictures. How does this block works?
dave Leader
dave Dec 5 '16
If he is stalking you dont block him, delete his profile as a violation. If you know his IP then block his ip on the server side. 

Do you have root access or are you on shared hosting?

ross Team
ross Dec 5 '16
Block feature blocks user from sending your a message or chat, follow you or send you gifts and friend requests, but he can like your items or leave comments in the newsfeed. 
The Forum post is edited by ross Dec 5 '16
Nathalie
Nathalie Dec 5 '16

Quote from dave 

Do you have root access or are you on shared hosting?

Good question. I will have to check. But I believe it's root access. Blocking IP is relatively good, but he can change his IP and come back. If I have no choice, I will do it though. Thanks :)

Nathalie
Nathalie Dec 5 '16

Quote from ross Block feature blocks user from sending your a message or chat, follow you or send you gifts and friend requests, but he can like your items or leave comments in the newsfeed.

So it's a partial block. It's good to know. Thank you :)
The Forum post is edited by Nathalie Dec 5 '16
dave Leader
dave Dec 5 '16
Yes he can change his IP however if he is from certain parts of the world, new IP's can be very hard to come by, so after you block a few IP's or even a whole group of IP's, he may be helpless and just give up.  There are also features within your panel and server side to add to that protection using different methods. 
Nathalie
Nathalie Dec 8 '16
Oh! That is good to know. Thanks a lot Dave ! :)
dave Leader
dave Dec 8 '16
Your welcome,  theres also the "my boys and me go knock on his door and give him the message personally" method LMAO ;)