We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Error Message for event plugin | Forum

E Smith
E Smith Dec 14 '16
I updated my event plugin, and now I am getting this error 

The source code of 'Events' plugin was updated. Need to update plugin DB.

How to do update DB?

dave Leader
dave Dec 14 '16
you just need to confirm it, its letting you know what it will do.  Just press the button and it will do its job. :)

What it does is update the version of the plugin in the db.  

The Forum post is edited by dave Dec 14 '16
E Smith
E Smith Dec 14 '16
Thanks Dave I tried but it doesn't work. I am getting this error now 

Message:Can't generate URI! Route `event.main_menu_route` not found!File:/home/bringerx/public_html/ow_core/router.phpLine:236

dave Leader
dave Dec 14 '16
ok uninstall it and reinstall it.

that wording on that needs to be changed, it needs to say.  Press the button to update the database.

E Smith
E Smith Dec 14 '16
It will not let me change the page when I click on plug ins 

Attachments:
  Screenshot from 2016-12-14 09-49-00.png (167Kb)
E Smith
E Smith Dec 14 '16
When I click update this comes up.

OW Debug - WarningMessage:simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/bringerx/public_html/ow_plugins/oxwall-events-master/plugin.xml"File:/home/bringerx/public_html/ow_updates/index.phpLine:138OW Debug - NoticeMessage:Undefined index: buildFile:/home/bringerx/public_html/ow_updates/index.phpLine:140OW Debug - WarningMessage:Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bringerx/public_html/ow_utilities/debug.php:214)File:/home/bringerx/public_html/ow_updates/index.phpLine:214OW Debug - WarningMessage:Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bringerx/public_html/ow_utilities/debug.php:214)File:/home/bringerx/public_html/ow_updates/index.phpLine:215

dave Leader
dave Dec 14 '16
ok let me try on my test site
dave Leader
dave Dec 14 '16
are you running 1.8.4 oxwall  because i just installed events and it works for me

do you have allow_url_fopen set 

allow_url_fopen = On

in your main php ini file

by the way never show the username part of your error messages, you dont want the world to know what it is  just remove your username from the error message and replace it with username or some other word.  You can use notepad to replace them all at once.  

dave Leader
dave Dec 14 '16
also try running this  https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1356  free plugin and see what it says. 

are you using ubuntu or centos  on your linux server?

E Smith
E Smith Dec 14 '16
thanks Dave I reinstalled events and now it works!

dave Leader
dave Dec 14 '16
Cool glad you got it sorted :)
Aliya Team
Aliya Dec 22 '16
Thank you for helping out Dave!
Aliya Team
Aliya Dec 22 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.