We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to deactivate a banner without deleting [RESOLVED] - Advertisement | Forum

Kevin
Kevin Dec 15 '16
Seems like a basic function. How do you deactivate a banner rather than deleting?

Thanks

The Forum post is edited by Kevin Mar 29 '17
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 7 '17
Couldn't you just remove it from the section where you have displayed? It would still be in you "Available Banners" list.
Kevin
Kevin Jan 8 '17
There is no section that will not be displayed. And only options at the main setting level to the right are Edit and Delete.

Would be great if there was an option or section to deactivate

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 8 '17
Available banners in the banner list aren't displayed until you assign them to a section.  You  would just go to the banner placement tab, and deactivate the banner from the sections that you have it activated in.
Kevin
Kevin Jan 8 '17

Maybe I need to delete and download plugin again, because I do not see how to assign a page not on list (see attachment). On top of that it now will not let me select a picture for the banner.

See attachment.

Attachments:
  BannerPlacement.JPG (22Kb)
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 8 '17
There should be section links on the page.
Attachments:
  ad.png (11Kb)
Kevin
Kevin Jan 8 '17
Wow- I will try downloading again. Mine does not have those on the right
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 8 '17
The sidebar sections show if you are using a theme with the sidebar. If not it doesn't show.
Kevin
Kevin Jan 8 '17
Downloaded again, and now image for banner is working. Not sure what was wrong. But working now...
You do not have permission to reply this topic