We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Set status visible for everybody | Forum

nxan
nxan Dec 20 '16
Hi,

I want to know if there is something I can do to make a status I create (newsfeed status) visible by everybody on my website, not only by people following me.

Especially, I have a specific role (Community Manager) and I want the people in that role to update their status, which will be visible by all (followed OR not) the members.

Edit : I've already created a widget for newsfeed (the textarea to update status) visible by the specific role only, but I'm kind of blocked right now. If I use a "Community Manager" account, if I update my status, only people following me will see my new status (the classic behaviour -). So I want everybody to see it. 

Thanks for help & sorry for the mistakes,

nxan

The Forum post is edited by nxan Dec 20 '16
dave Leader
dave Jan 5 '17
Well the main page newsfeed is designed to show content to everyone not just friends, the dashboard is for friends content.   So have you checked the newsfeed plugin - settings - content tab,  to see what the settings are and what shows on the main newsfeed. 

If this is a widget you can choose customize this page on the main page (logged in as admin) and click on the gear of the widget, then you can use the restrict view to decide who sees this. 

Out side of that you may have to add the permissions or privacy code to your widget.