We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Setting a background image for the forgot password page | Forum

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Dec 31 '16
This is a java script, and css approach to setting a background image on the forgot password page. See the attached file for info, and the example of the result.
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B Dec 31 '16
Attachments:
  forgot_password bgimage.txt (1Kb)
  fp page.jpg (165Kb)
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Aug 2 '17
Thanks Darryl B,

It worked even for my sign in page :)
Gerry
Gerry Aug 20 '17
Would the same work for other pages, such as a splash page, with the relevant changes to the page details?
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 20 '17
It should. The script works off the page url, but you can add a background image directly in the splash screen page with css since the page accepts html.

You can simply add this directly to the top of the splash screen page in the admin panel. Just insert your url between the " " marks. You don't have to have the !important tag here since it is directly related to the splash screen page.

<style>
.ow_page_wrap {
     background-image: url("your image url here");
    background-size: 100% 100%;
    background-attachment: fixed;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
}
</style>
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B Aug 20 '17
Gerry
Gerry Aug 21 '17
Superb. Thanks.
Claudia Jeronimo
Claudia Jeronimo Jan 23 '18
Hello I try to configurate but, not show. I chane CSS in 2 files off the theme.
Quote from Darryl B It should. The script works off the page url, but you can add a background image directly in the splash screen page with css since the page accepts html.

You can simply add this directly to the top of the splash screen page in the admin panel. Just insert your url between the " " marks. You don't have to have the !important tag here since it is directly related to the splash screen page.

<style>
.ow_page_wrap {
     background-image: url("your image url here");
    background-size: 100% 100%;
    background-attachment: fixed;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
}
</style>

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 23 '18
What do you mean about changing files in the theme css?  The change you are trying to do goes directly into the Splash Screen page in the admin panel.
Onur
Onur Feb 17 '18
i dont understand why it is opening a new page? why it is not showing on popup windows like standart login page? 

i would like to open forget password page in main page.  and also same think for send request code page. why they are separed new window? i dont understand the idea?
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Feb 18 '18
@ Onur
That is a question for Oxwall. They have those pages, and a few others, written into the core, and use the blank html page.That's why you have very limited customization ability in these pages. I don't know enough about coding to follow how they are calling the code when the links are clicked.