We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Its 2017 and still no updates | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Manzoor
Manzoor Jan 4 '17
Its 2017 and still no updates  in oxwall what going on in oxwall  ?
gami
gami Jan 9 '17
When will the next update come? It has happened for almost half a year
Matthias
Matthias Jan 10 '17
I came here to ask the same questions. I see a few people already worried that we haven´t seen an update in so long. 

Can we get at least a rough schedule when to expect it? 

Some team member here said we might see something at the end of the year (2016 that is). Maybe we can get some more details?

I think it would reassure a lot of people here. 

Thank you and I am convinced we are all excited about the new update :) 

gami
gami Jan 10 '17

Slowly I have the feeling that oxwall stands still and skadate becomes the main concept.

At github you also see no major updates ...

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 11 '17
There is activity on Github. We will all have to wait to see what the next release will have. There is no talk about when that will be, but I'm sure everyone will be happy to wait so the team can make sure that everything is a go before they release the next update.
dave Leader
dave Jan 11 '17
I have heard talk of an Android App but i do not know any specifics. 
Manzoor
Manzoor Jan 12 '17
if  their will be oxwall app it will be so amazing
Simik
Simik Jan 16 '17
apps? unuseful... Good mobile version is a lot better. 

3rd party developers can modify the mobile version via plugins. Not mobile apps.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 19 '17
a app with full plugin support for third part developers would bee amazing some hooks to the app i not sure how it would work but something like that
The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 19 '17
Frank Z
Frank Z Jan 22 '17
App!! That would be terrific.

A good mobile version with all pages (including groups) and all functionalities would be even better!

I'm getting all excited now.

Joey
Joey Jan 25 '17
why an app?

it cost a lot off time, 3rd party plugins will never work 

make the default one responsive with default responsive plugins like blogs e.d.

put emoticons by default

and then you will see how hard oxwall will grow.

app is useless time...

The Forum post is edited by Joey Jan 25 '17
Sypa CC (Creative Fertile)
I agree. Responsive solution is much more important than an app. Please look at your own roadmap and make one step by step. We need an absolutely responsive system, cms support, native video upload, etc.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 26 '17
In my opinion BOTH responsive solution and APPs are importen. 75% of my users are only use my apps and never care one time to try connect to my website.

I thinking many times why did i buy a website i could only buy some very nice apps and could bee very successfull on that at least 75% successfull 

I sorry to say it but i feel majority is only download apps today and that part we can not forget about it would bee a dead end in future.

And i think it depends very much what geo targeting you have and what age you target and what gender. 

if i look at my own website i see girls prefer only to use mobile phones and man like to use laptops and if i look at my girlsfriend she never want to touch her laptop even that i give here one in present she never use it ....she only use mobile phone and here apps and complain about my bad apps that have many things missing....

You are totally sold with only a responsive website and no apps this days and i can say that with many people agree with me. You need reach all people if you want success and you can not force them to use a webbrowser if they prefer use apps...we need follow them even if we not want it and love our desktop software and responsive theme....i no like apps but if i want success i need to have it

oxwall and skdate should have responsive solutions and apps that is the future and i hope this team have already see this in all they analyze tools they have .....

it is very much interesting what they effort will bee on this update they bring in 2017....i can not wait to see and i hope it comes very soon we have wait long time now and been patient 

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 26 '17
Sypa CC (Creative Fertile)
Please don't misunderstand me. App is very important but we all know that oxwall and skadate need much time for every new development. And we have much problems with 3rd party plugins. Mostly they are not frequently supported.
So I'm sure it is too early for an app. We need so much basic functions in core before making the new step. By the way, skadate has apps but they are not worth their money.
Sri
Sri Jan 27 '17
World is moving to mobile apps. 
Joey
Joey Jan 30 '17
Oxwall is dead, or they dont care.

How many people work on the new update?

Look to the uservoice, people like to have default emoticons. I cant find software wich one dont have this by default. But, hey! you can buy it! WTF? Buy it? for simple emoticons? Nope.

We have emoji! it works? nope!

my host afvise me php 7. it works? nope, not good enough!

my visitors use 80% a mobile device.

it works? yes, Timeline, photos en forum work. the rest like blogs? nope.

so common, dont spend so much time at this useless app or a 2nd mobile theme.

if oxwall care about users, they make the default theme responsive (not only menu. Realy?)

put some easy emoticons, or let emoji work....

easy as that, and that is wat people like! for the last 2 years.

Paul
Paul Feb 2 '17
OxWall is a great software, developed very clean and has a lot of functions other software dont. 

The whishlists of so many people is big, the most even does not make sense or is just impossible to realize, like "native app with all plungins".

What I am more worry about.I´ve bought plugins for over 200$ and 3 are with some major bugs. The developer just doesn´t react. They dont answer on PNs, dont answere on threads.

What is a software without a helping commuity, where even there is no support/bugfixing for bought plugins?

BTW: What is skadate? Is this a pro version of oxwall? I Would buy this, but i dont want to have a dating-site

Marcus
Marcus Feb 2 '17
Do you know how hard it is for some to update their script??? I can't imagine keep updating my script every time they fix some small bug. They should release update only when there is some kick-ass upgrade or security issue.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Feb 2 '17
Oxwall is active on development. You can see activity here. I don't know what all they are working on, but they are active.

https://github.com/oxwall
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Feb 3 '17
It is a new rocket launcher that will takes us to jupiter everyone ,that why it is so secrets and no information here at oxwall and never any good roadmaps to follow and see what comes next....only thing that is open here is that you need PAY and PAY and PAY again for MANY plugins to this super secret software that have a super secret release date that we need wait VERY long time for get....bee patient folks soon we are going to jupiter and home again with this rocket launcher they working on
The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Feb 3 '17
Pages: 1 2 3 »