We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Problem on mobile Device´s - Advertisement | Forum

Giovanni
Giovanni Jan 8 '17
Hi,

I use a Theme from the store, now i have the Problem that the Banner do not show up on mobile right.

As i contacted the developer of the theme i got this answer.

02:23PMDarryl BLooks lie the plugin dev may need to look at that one. They are using iframes to load the ads. Looks like its the Google Adsense plugin. I think I remember some posts about responsive ads, but not sure. They are loading in the iframe at 720px. That would be okay for tablets, but anything smaller, it causes issues. I was able to do something with the basic Advertisement plugin. I wish plugin devs would get off the desktop only support, and start thinking responsive. When they ignore it in their design it makes it difficult to work with.

Hope, you can update the Plugin - so it will work responsive

Best Regards

Giovanni

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 8 '17
The problem is probably coming from the google ads using iframes. I have the plugin installed using basic banner code, and it works okay on mobile with some simple css. The iframes are complicated since they are basically loading an external page.
Giovanni
Giovanni Jan 9 '17
complicated ?

but is there a option to get work ?

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 9 '17
Complicated meaning there is no quick easy solution. There are plenty of references on the web about how to make Google Adsense responsive, but they require css, and javascript, and some reference things to do via your account, and also the one I gave you about not showing it on small devices. From doing the Google search; this is apparently a widespread issue that people are seeking a solution for. Maybe one of the other users has successfully done this, and will share what they did.  I don't use Google ads. Mine are just basic banner code.
Giovanni
Giovanni Jan 11 '17
I added now the Code from Adsense - with responsive ...

It seems to be working with my site.

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 11 '17
Great. Maybe this will be useful info to others.
Giovanni
Giovanni Jan 12 '17
But i did. not made any changes in CSS or other.
Just selected Size " reponsive "
You do not have permission to reply this topic