We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Admin...i cannot seem to upload | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
steve
steve Jan 8 '17

I cannot upload anything as admin, i cant upload the mp3, my users can but i cannot, i get a msg sayin maintance issuse, i been at the server and they assusred me its not them, my users can seem to use the site fully but as admin i cannot why an please help
The Forum post is edited by steve Jan 8 '17
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 8 '17
Try open "inspect" in you browsers tools and see what errors you will have in your browser inspect tool when you upload the mp3. and post that error. or run you webste in debug mode and upload a mp3 and you can maybe see some errors. 

but if i read from you error screen it looks like you have a server error from you host server. not from you software. try debug with the 2 tools i told you about and see what they show you

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 8 '17
dave Leader
dave Jan 8 '17
Yeah it seems your server connection could be breaking down at times.
steve
steve Jan 11 '17
thanks guys, this seems to happen all the time no matter what time of day, on 3 comps, i seem top be able to do it of mobile phone, but as soon as i do it from my hopme broadband it gives up the errors on 3 pc an mobile
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 11 '17
Have you tried plugging directly into your modem to bypass the wifi? If it works it could point to the router settings, or it's failing. There could be some interference from some other device in the area.
steve
steve Jan 11 '17
Yes i have tried wifi an ethernet an still does the same thing, rebooted modem, changed the modem aswell
Thanks guys
steve
steve Jan 12 '17
also it seems like any of my uk users are gettin the same message, the users from usa seems to be able to do this no issuse but uk users gets the same msg
dave Leader
dave Jan 12 '17
Could be an issue with some DNS servers.  I googled "dns issues with UK customers" and it does seem the UK has had many issues with DNS and broadband services from its ISP's for some time now.  Maybe thats why its intermittent.
steve
steve Jan 12 '17
its strange it worked one day t hen bam i cant an many uk users cant from laptops n pc but can on fones easily enough, i thinkin of deleting everything of an installin 1 plugin at a time to see if there is anything within the software causing this. im at a loose