We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

mysql PHP extension not installed - Miranda DB | Forum

Dave
Dave Jan 9 '17
Is the any fix for this ? I can't find one in the forum apart from switching the DB and as I have 20 php-Mysql web sites on the defecated servers I'm not going to do that for Oxwell to spit out another setting it doesn't like.
dave Leader
dave Jan 10 '17
Regardless if your using maranda or not, you still need to meet the basic requirements, that means that you need to enable mysql and also the i extension with it. 

Also i dont think you mean defecated (which means poo)  i think you mean deprecated - which means no longer supported and old. 

Dave
Dave Jan 10 '17
Ha ha yes I should read what and no just accept typo changes when offered :-)

Thing is mysql is installed and is working on my dedicated server, I know how to read <?php phpinfo(); ?> if it wasn't software like Phpmyadmin wouldn't work. If you search on this error oxwell is the only software I can find that doesn't how a solution to people using MarandaDB.

Even if it wasn't Oxwell should be moving to support MarandaDB as many people are moving to it for features not offered by MySqlDB
dave Leader
dave Jan 11 '17
One day they will support it, but its a small team and it will take time, maybe even a year or two before might even happen. 
Dave
Dave Jan 12 '17
Fair enough but that's no good for me I have 8,000 Facebook users to move over. I've now moved on to another application as I can't wait for maybes.  Makes me also wonder how secure this is going to be but not my problem now.

All the best and thanks again for your responses.
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Jan 12 '17
Hi Dave!

May I know what do you mean by MirandaDB?

There is MariaDB who replaces the MySQL, I have MariaDB installed on my server, my Oxwall website is running pretty fast on it.

Do you have this 3 extensions installed on your server?

php-mysql

php-mysqlnd

php-pdo

Fedge
Fedge Feb 16 '17
The php-mysql extension is obsolete in PHP7 (I'm using a Fedora 25 server). It has been replaced by php-mysqlnd. I'm going to just edit the script myself to remove the check if possible but it would be a smart move for you to make it check for EITHER php-mysql or php-mysqlnd but not both.
Fedge
Fedge Feb 17 '17
I just tested an installation and in case anyone is wondering, you can delete 'mysql' from this line:

php.extensions PDO, mbstring, zip, zlib, ftp, json, dom, gd, mysql;

in the file ow_install/files/requirements.txt and as long as you have your MySQL or MariaDB server set up properly, it will proceed and the software still works.
dave Leader
dave Feb 17 '17
Thank you for sharing that Fedge, it is much appreciated. :)
Theo
Theo Mar 27 '17
I didn't know Oxwall or 3rd party plugins supports PHP7? there's no mention of this. So have you ran into any compatibility issues yet or things are running smoothly?

david
david Apr 23 '17
Fedge Thx ik het heb ik Toegevoegd Lin Toegevoegd mysqli Het Works
Thomas Crown
Thomas Crown Apr 24 '17
It's amazing how all of these people can jump in and answer this, but no one seems to be able to tell me why oxwall decided to randomly generate an ERROR when trying to send private messages and completely disable the messaging feature.

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/54532
Phatair
Phatair Jul 13 '17
Hi,

i have the same problem. I'm running a ubuntu 16.04 with LAMP (MariaDB, PHP7 and Apache2) and i get the error message:

• mysql PHP extension not installed
What can i do to run oxwall on my server? It would be great if someone can help me.

Is this a working solution?

Remove mysql in this line:

php.extensions PDO, mbstring, zip, zlib, ftp, json, dom, gd, mysql;

in the file ow_install/files/requirements.txt and as long as you have your MySQL or MariaDB server set up properly, it will proceed and the software still works.

Regards

The Forum post is edited by Phatair Jul 13 '17
shourabhpal
shourabhpal Jun 1 '23
this is a awesome game you google we like this game you can try it 
Eduardo Gislason
Eduardo Gislason Jun 12 '23
Argentina put in one of their finest performances in the Rugby Championship to thrash a disjointed Wallabies  Watch Australia vs Argentina football online side in a packed and noisy San Juan. Unlucky last week, Los Pumas’ heart, energy and sheer tactical awareness were all light years ahead of an injury ravaged.  
kalvindarwan
kalvindarwan Dec 20 '23
Through tireless effort and demand for amazing results, we make you happy with our work. Encinitas Pro Concrete Co.
GlassRepairsinTacoma
I enjoy foregathering useful info, this post has got me even more info! . 798bet
James Walter
James Walter Jan 1
Maintaining a diesel engine is more involved than caring for a gasoline-powered car. New Britain Towing Company