We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

pls help me for scammer on my webite. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Onur
Onur Jan 11 '17
pls help me for scammer on my webite. i bored to deleted spammer users. i want to change them user group role. but i cant do it. bcz i setup guest default membership 
Onur
Onur Jan 11 '17

if i change user rose with spam it is still active defoult guest user role. i cant change it. 
dave Leader
dave Jan 11 '17
Why are you setting up a role for spam, thats not the right way to fight spam?

You have to stop them from registering in the first place, thats how you right them.  You need to fight them on several levels, there is no one battlefield you have to fight them on several fronts.  You need to change some "out of the box" text that they search for to find you in the first place, then you need to block well known IP and email addresses, then you need a good captcha in order to make it much harder for them.  

Then if they do get past all that you need to block them at server level if you can.

Onur
Onur Jan 12 '17
They are normal humans, actualty not spam it is more correct to say "scammer" they want moneys from my members. so i want to make them slient mode. bcz they add photos etc..  in my opinion it is better to make slient than delete them.