We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

add 1 feature i will buy it! - MODERATOR PANEL WIDGET | Forum

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 18 '17
hi

if you add a feature that make it possible for new signed up users use the website fully but they still in the mandoarity moderation users approval list for you to approve this users later or not approve them. let the users use the website fully but you have the time check them in the moderation widget when then check around the website

thanks

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 18 '17
Sumate
Sumate Jan 18 '17
Hi, I'm going to check your request, thank you very much for the comment.
Daniel
Daniel Jan 18 '17
Everything works like before, after user join, user edit profile the status will change to "Pending approval" by auto.
Sumate
Sumate Jan 18 '17
Can be explained a little, I am using a translator, the plugin only provides the possibility to visualize complaints easier
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 18 '17
But i not want it work like before, i want they who join website can use the website fully but you have status pending approval. right now they get stopped when join and can not use the website fully. 
The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 18 '17
Sumate
Sumate Jan 19 '17
This plugin shows if there is something in the moderation panel and has nothing to do with approving or not, and giving access to the network or not to the members.
It is only a utility for moderators and admin.
Shaun
Shaun Jan 20 '17
O
Quote from OW-Ghost But i not want it work like before, i want they who join website can use the website fully but you have status pending approval. right now they get stopped when join and can not use the website fully. 

Hi you can sort of do this manually without the need of plugins.

1 goto http://www.YOURSITENAME.com/admin/users/roles. Rename the Free default role to "PENDING APPROVAL" and set "label on avatar" to yes.

2 add a new role named "approved" Its up to you if you a want a label on members avatars you have approved.

3 on the same page untick all the boxes for the pending approval accounts unless there is an action you want new users to be able to do for example you may want them to be able to see the forum but not be able to reply in it.

4. Under the role approved tick all the boxes that give members permision to be able to do whatever yoy want them to do i.e. take part in forums ect ect.

Now whenever a new member joins they will be able to view your site but not be able to post until you approve them to do so. They will also have a label on their avatars identifying that they need approving.

whenever you want to approve them for membership you simlpy visit their profile
and in the box marked moderation a drop down menu will appear when you run your mouse over it. click change role and make them approved. Job done.

Hope that helps and is written well enough to follow.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 20 '17
smart! i need to check this if i could use it. thanks for the tip
Shaun
Shaun Jan 20 '17
your welcome.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 20 '17
Problem is now i have 10 000 members that have FREE deafult role and if i set this free deafult roles to pending approval then everyone inside this role will bee pending approval.

Maybe works great if you just setup the website and no users is in the free role already?

Or can i move the default role to another role or move my already approved users to another role that would solve it?

And this pending approval role will bee visible on membership page, where my members will buy membership?

you need click 3 times for approve 1 users that is alot of clicks if you have 300 members join everyday. that is 900 clicks totally only 1 day

Moderation should bee so easy as possible 1 click for approve not more clicks if you grow big later you have big issues and hard work to click like crazy for approval users

I can give you a TIP but i think you know already use the HINT plugin help you 100% with this preview user window . you not need click the profile for go inside looking you can just hover over the profile username and see the 3 or 4 most importen things for approve a user if the country flag have worked iwth hint plugin it would bee a perefct moderation tool for make things much easier

preview window is a super great tool for moderators and quick saved text for not approval reason that you just pick one text you saved and send to that user instead of write same words 1000 times everyday. The removal reason pugin here at oxwall have such text already where users pick what reason they want to leave the website make same for the moderators quick sentence to pick from to send to they that are not approved make things EASY for moderators MINIMUM clicks is the key and minumum writing and stand on one place one table. 

Same with visible ip it says moderators nothing, they need see a country flag for quckly understand what country they stay in. a ip info is only good when you want ban a ip number but you can impossible read all ip in the world in you head and know what countrsy they stay you need click that ip to go to one page then click ip again to go naother page and then click back just for see what country they stay in this new Vadmin tool but i know daniel is working to make this tool much better i hope....

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 20 '17
Shaun
Shaun Jan 22 '17
You shuld be able to choose the wich role is the default role however I have never done it so wouldn't like to say that deffinatly can.

I appreciate what your saying about all the other approval methods and tools but I can't really help you with them as I am just a website owner like your self.

Whats your sites name? would love to see such a big site in action.
You do not have permission to reply this topic