We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

bucks is a ripoff - Member X | Forum

David
David Jan 23 '17
How do you justify charging THAT MUCH money?
Daniel
Daniel Jan 23 '17
Before the judgement, If i was you I would login to the demo site and check the plugin. and look at the review, and compare with other plugins in the store. and see all the screenshot, and ask the buyers already bought my plugin for the reason why is $72.

And the word "ripoff" is rude.

BTW, i can sell it $172, now I will change the price to $172, it is my business. 

Bye, my friend.

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jan 23 '17

I bought this plugin and it is very well done. It is the ideal complement of the excellent 

Location Maps plugin.

Daniel is doing free upgrades that I have proposed and is updating the plugin continuously for all, not just for me.I have bought a lot of plugins and believe me that the important thing is that the developer is giving support and taking suggestions. Do you want me to make a list of plugins that I bought that are not useful, are badly made and the developer does not respond?Bravo, Daniel, your good job deserves the price you want to put.

Daniel
Daniel Jan 23 '17
Thank you very much Patricia my friend.
gami
gami Jan 25 '17

I must give Patricia right. It really is a very good plugin. There are problems there are immediate help. (When daniel is online) have now been the best experiences with daniel so far :-)

I like this plugin

Daniel
Daniel Jan 25 '17
Hi Ga,

Thank you for support. I think i still not not enough yet. I have many problems in my family recently, my situation is very bad now, everything is out of control now. I have to take a break and think about my life now.

David
David Jan 25 '17
For the "features"... this is not a 72 dollar plugin.  Rude or not... that's a ripoff.
Daniel
Daniel Jan 25 '17
you haven't even try it yet. how did you know for the "features" is not 72? that's why not only oxwall store, other like apple app store, google play store, only the customers purchased the item can left a review. SO I MUST TELL YOU, YOU ARE NOT QUILIFIED TO SAY THE FEATURES IS NOT $72, i am sorry about that, it maybe a little mean to you.
David
David Jan 26 '17
Asking 72 dollars for ANY plugin is just greed.  And how am I qualified to say the features aren't worth the money?   Well, that's easy... you listed the features and you provided screenshots.  I think that lets the customer know what they're getting prior to sale, now, doesn't it? :-) 

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 27 '17
It is a quality plugin that worth the 72 dollar no doubt. the search result page is the heart of you social media website and you can get all this nice features in one plugin it is amazing lift for your website. he have even added special event features in the search result page that is very useful to have, only i would like to see in future is a more responsive version if oxwall is going the more responsive way or if oxwall will put all they effort on a Android APP that someone told me they will do or on the excisting mobile version that missing many plugins....just waiting for 2017 version platform to see what projects they have in mind for the future here at oxwall when it is regarding a great mobile solution. but anyways MemberX is support mobile version fully. buy the plugin it is worth the money and he do great support on his plugins
The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 27 '17
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jan 29 '17

It's really fantastic, really. Ideal with the plugin Location Maps

One plugin without the other is pretty loose, but the two are fantastic!

Customizable presentation:

Perfect the map of connected members

I do not find it expensive, I bought many plugins and this one is the best.

Nathan Duncalf
Nathan Duncalf Jan 29 '17
Hi all - I don't understand how this can be called a rip-off. It's a good idea and it's taken somebody's hard work, and time to build. Everybody deserves to be paid for work - and most developers charge through the roof.

I'm going to give this a go to see what it's like.
Onur
Onur Jan 31 '17
it is a good job and developer helping costumer, if they have a problem. it is deserve this moneys.
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Mar 8 '17
I do not dispute the worth of this plugin. A developer knows how much time, effort, knowledge, and talent goes into a development, therefore, has the right to place his own value on it.

But as far as market audience goes, $72 is not affordable to the average plugin buyer. And the average site owner knows how long it will take for this plugin to earn it's money back, if at all. 

So there's a two factor to this. My guess is, at $72, he's not going to sell very many of this plugin. Most site owners such as myself, will rationalize, "Well my site has been doing just fine without it. And potential new members, if my site is a members only site, will not see the member's page, therefore it will not be a selling point." And we will simply not buy the plugin.

If the developer of this plugin wants to sell his plugin, he needs to make it more affordable to the average market base. Guaranteed he can make more money bringing the price down to around $30 to $40 by selling many more, than selling only a few at $72. 

But that choice is his. Maybe he didn't create the plugin to make money, who knows?

Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Mar 8 '17
A plugin is really only worth what people are willing to pay for it. I would pay $49 for it. That's all it's worth to me. Nobody is going to convince me it's worth more. Because worth on a product like this is really determined by the buyer. If the price exceeds what I'm willing to pay for it, I'm just not going to buy it. Period. 

And I'm sure there are more site owners out there just like me. 

Shame to see someone put such hard work into a plugin then price it so high that only a few are willing to pay that high price for it. Ultimately, the developer loses. All that work, and few sales. 

I would rather make: 

100 sales at $40 each = $4,000

than

20 sales at $72 each = $1,440

When all the people who can afford to pay $72 for this plugin have bought it, and the sales stop, He'll reduce the price. (if he has any business sense). I'll wait for that. My site has been online for years. Not having this feature isn't going to hurt my site at all. I'll wait until the price is affordable. Then I'll buy it.

The Forum post is edited by Jobee Bendijo Mar 8 '17
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 13 '17
<<Not having this feature isn't going to hurt my site at all.<<

If you have it then maybe you sells would go up, so with not having it you do not know if it would hurt you site to not have it. The search feature is the heart of your website that everyone use daily for search other members.

I did pay about 1000-1500 for create almost the same plugin 2 years ago and i did that because i know the search feature is so importen for a website working easy and look easy to use and can get you members active much more with this actions buttons they can easy spam other users with actions that returns in a very active website. 

I see my features is always popups in the store sooner or later....

now he make 30% discount so maybe they who complains about the price can buy it now but i still think it is not to high price for what it make with you website.

You do not have permission to reply this topic