We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Pinterest editor doesn't save edits. - Social media sharing | Forum

Jamie
Jamie Jan 26 '17

ISSUE:

Pinterest editor doesn't save edits after sending off the edited "pin" to pinterest, twitter, & facebook.

CONTEXT:

When using the pinterest share button the normal window pops up no problem and asks if you want to push notice to twitter & facebook also. 

Underneath the text window is a small pen icon to bring up the text editor window. After you type in the custom information and send it off, the data entered doesn't show on pinterest nor the other target sites(twitter & facebook)

Thank you

Sidenote:

This is in addition to the fact that after I updated to 1.8.4 all of my social media share buttons disappeared. But that's a separate issue addressed in other posts already.

(I'm going to give it more time to reappear as it did for others and if not I'll submit the issue separately*it's already been about 2+ hours*)

Jamie
Jamie Jan 26 '17
Update: 

I have not fixed the main issue ...but the sidenote has been resolved.(by mistake actually)
When I took off the "maintenance mode" and refreshed the browser the social media buttons reappeared. I shut it off & on a couple times noticed the same thing happen. Apparently maintenance mode disables the share buttons, it's just not told to anyone in the notes. (I suggest you all add that to the release notes)
Future Problem:Someone says their social media buttons aren't displaying 
Future Solution:Suggest that they turn the maintenance mode off, refresh page, and check again.

Jamie
Jamie Jan 26 '17
To reiterate, the original issue still needs to be resolved.

ISSUE:

Pinterest editor doesn't save edits after sending off the edited "pin" to pinterest, twitter, & facebook.

You do not have permission to reply this topic