We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Error 500 Internal Server Error | Forum

latonya sayles
latonya sayles Jan 31 '17

I received this error after I updated my site and I don't know how to fix it.

If you are the site admin, click here for details (+)

Something went wrong!
To get the error details follow these steps:
- Open ow_includes/config.php file and set DEBUG_MODE to true
- Reproduce your last action.Error details:Type:ErrorMessage:Argument 1 passed to LINKS_CLASS_EventHandler::onCollectEnabledAdsPages() must be an instance of BASE_EventCollector, instance of BASE_CLASS_EventCollector givenFile:/home/latonya/public_html/ow_plugins/links/classes/event_handler.phpLine:218

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 31 '17
I've sent this to Alia. She's one of the Team members. Hopefully she will get the message, and be able to help. I'm not sure when she will be on.

Once she does she will probably need some additional info.
1. did you deactivate all of the plugins, and switch to the default theme before updating.
2. Did you turn debug to true.
3. What was your previous platform

Personally. I follow this guide on each platform update. The title is for a previous version, but it's still good to follow.
https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/24134
latonya sayles
latonya sayles Feb 1 '17
I didn't deactivate my plugins or switch my default theme before updating. When I put the default to true. This come up at the top OW Debug - Warning

Message:Can't generate URI! Route `photo_list_index` not found!File:/home/latonya/public_html/ow_core/router.phpLine:236

This shows up at the bottom.
User blogsOW Debug - ErrorMessage:Argument 1 passed to LINKS_CLASS_EventHandler::onCollectEnabledAdsPages() must be an instance of BASE_EventCollector, instance of BASE_CLASS_EventCollector givenFile:/home/latonya/public_html/ow_plugins/links/classes/event_handler.phpLine:218

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Feb 1 '17
I was hoping Alia would have commented by now. If it were me, I would be looking at the possibility of restoring from a backup, and then following the update guide. The reason for deactivating plugins is due to changes in the core that may not be compatible with the older plugin.