We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

white screen after plug in upload | Forum

jody huth
jody huth Feb 3 '17
while uploading new plugins right after i click upload i get a white screen (does this with all plugins) im assuming this could be server side but not sure. im running PHP 5.6. Site works great its just the admin that whites out
jody huth
jody huth Feb 3 '17
the new plugins i was adding are Cache extreme, Support Center and vip profile protector.
I guess while we are on the subject the same thing happens when i try to update already installed plugins. So i gave up on the updates

also i see this is also happening on my test site as well
The Forum post is edited by jody huth Feb 4 '17
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Feb 4 '17
I would suggest checking you file / folder permissions. When uploading the file it should still be in the compressed format. The update issue may suggest some sort of ftp issue. Once you click on update a login box should appear to input your credentials for the server.

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/14334

jody huth
jody huth Feb 4 '17
yes i get the log in box and the log in is correct after the log in it goes to white screen and which folder should i change the permissions for? and to ?
jody huth
jody huth Feb 4 '17
just for testing i changed every file to 777 permissions and still the same outcome. but trying to do a platform update it goes right to a white screen now instead of the ftp log in so i did lose that part changing permissions
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Feb 4 '17
The link above has the folders / files that need 777 permissions. There are a few posts related to permission. That may not be the solution in your case. I use google to search for forum topics. I start with oxwall and then what I'm looking for. They problem could be coming from a range of things from server configuration to an incomplete, or corrupted install. I know there are some posts related to dropping the build to invoke a platform update, or doing a manual update. Have you had this issue from the start, or is it something that started after a change?
jody huth
jody huth Feb 4 '17
on my main site all updates worked great up until 3 months ago and the test site is a fresh install and worked in the beginning but my php changed from 5.5 to 5.6 and i believe that caused the problem. and i believe somewhere i read that you had to enable the zend_guard_loader in php options it is unchecked in the options right now. before i was ok with no updates but im finding plugins that i would like to have and its becoming a problem so any help would be great thanks and by the way i reverted back to 5.5 to test if that was the issue and same results
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Feb 4 '17
By chance are you with Arvixe?
jody huth
jody huth Feb 4 '17
Hosting? godaddy
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Feb 5 '17
Some GoDaddy hosting plans apparently have the issues you are having. See Oxwall's comments on the bottom of this page.

https://developers.oxwall.com/hosting
jody huth
jody huth Feb 5 '17
ok so whats the solution to fix these? a setting?
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Feb 5 '17
I don't have an answer for that. They only mention GoDaddy's share plan. If that is what you are using, from that article, the solution would seem be to not use GoDaddy's shared hosting since the problems come from their limitations.
I wish Oxwall would start having a team member presence on the forum again to help answer this type of question.
jody huth
jody huth Feb 5 '17
me too