We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Support questions - Shoutbox | Forum

Zaph
Zaph Apr 18 '12
You can view demo of Shoutbox on the http://wallox.com main page

Also, if you are a registered member you can add the same widget on your dashboard

Plugin allows set ping interval, default text color and number of messages

Also it allows set color of message and add emoticons to users' messages

If member is a moderator of the site, he is able to remove ineligible messages from widget

Also admin can set badwords that will be filtered as *censored*

Plugin implements features of User roles, that gives Admin opportunity to control access to Shoutbox for Guests, Free members and etc.
For example, guest can only view messages, but he is not able to post or he should enter his name.
Joseph
Joseph Apr 18 '12
what does the ping interval setting do?
Zaph
Zaph Apr 18 '12
Ping interval set time in seconds between requests to the server for new messages
Zaph
Zaph Apr 20 '12
When you install plugin, each group will have it's own shoutbox widget, that can be customized
Zaph
Zaph Apr 29 '12
Please, update to the latest build!

A few bugfixes were added.
Lisa
Lisa Apr 30 '12
Great app, Zaph - very pleased with it. Thank you for the help with our bug issues, and for updating! Well worth the price paid.
jeo
jeo May 6 '12
needs to have the feature so it post on newsfeed that someone has just post a message in the shoutbox on friends feeds
jeo
jeo May 6 '12
also charge users to post in it with credits! thanks
Sebastian
Sebastian May 7 '12
Excellent APP i recommend!
JB TECH
JB TECH Sep 4 '12
I have a problem, it may be because of the Cron change or Theme change, but now the boxes just show the pre loader and doesn't do anything else.
Joseph
Joseph Oct 23 '12
can I get a list of css tags for the shoutbox I know I could get them one by one but I assume you would have a list already
Zaph
Zaph Oct 23 '12
You can edit css styles in ow_static/plugins/shoutbox/css/shoutbox.css file
Abbey
Abbey Nov 18 '12
how would I change the way the smiley list dropdown box container appears, currently it's narrow and long, is it possible to make it wider and shorter? I'm asking as I added smileys and you need to scroll down the page to use them if you don't know the codes.
adminnoah
adminnoah Aug 24 '13
Mr. Zaph why shoutbox smiley and colorpicker not showing on other page, i put the shoutbox on my sidebar so the user can chat each other on any page , because i don't want to use it on group page, please help...,
adminnoah
adminnoah Aug 24 '13
user also cannot use smiley and color picker on sidebar because they don't see any smiley and colr picker showing on shoutbox, and only admin can see this button but on the home page only, please help
Zaph
Zaph Aug 25 '13
adminnoah

Please check your Mailbox

adminnoah
adminnoah Aug 26 '13

Zaph
Zaph Aug 27 '13
You have a Javascript error of the other plugin on the site, that is why the buttons of the Shoutbox could not load and work properly.

Please try to disable another plugins and try again.

adminnoah
adminnoah Aug 27 '13
Ok thank you Mr Zaph ^_^ , i will check.., but one more question pls. how can i put the shoutbox on iframe or script that i will use if i want to put the shoutbox floating on the side on my website., i will make floating script and i like to to put the shoutbox on it, have a nice day and godblessed you Mr Zaph
You do not have permission to reply this topic