We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

This plugin seems to be illegal - Member X | Forum

Alexander Hu
Alexander Hu Mar 13 '17
Let me just give you 2 sentences out of the license file:

"4. OWNERSHIP OF CONTENT ON OUR SERVICEEverything on or used in connection with our Product, including text, images, graphics, logos, audio and video content, software and application (collectively, “Content”) – with the exception of User Generated Content as defined below – is owned by us or our affiliates, subsidiaries, licensors or suppliers."

and

"B. LICENSE FOR USER GENERATED CONTENTIf you post, upload or make available any User Generated Content via our Products, you will still own the User Generated Content (assuming you have rights to own it) but you are giving us the right to use your User Generated Content." This is illegal in MANY countries, since as a platform admin you can't grant these rights. So, yes, this plugin is not only a "ripoff" it is illegal in many countries (for example in Europe).
The Forum post is edited by Alexander Hu Mar 13 '17
Daniel
Daniel Mar 13 '17

Sorry, i uploaded wrong TOS to the store. Now i have uploaded the correct TOS on the store. 

Alexander Hu
Alexander Hu Mar 14 '17
Nevermind, i can't buy a plugin from somebody who even thinks about such things.
You do not have permission to reply this topic