We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

excessive file usage | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
jody huth
jody huth Mar 17 '17
Can anyone tell me what plug in this could be. evreytime i log in to my cpanel i notice 10 thousand plus files created with a site with no visitors that is kind of excessive. The site has not been hacked or compromised 
Kevin
Kevin Mar 17 '17
Mine is a new site also. I had the same issue. Mine was the cron job was sending an email to one of the site email addresses every time it ran.

The config changes are made on your cpanel where you are hosting the site. Do NOT use the option of surpressing output, or all of your intentional outgoing emails that a plugin would generate will not be sent. (You could delete the mailbox, assuming it is one you do not use. Otherwise direct Cron output to a newmailbox name.)

I Deleted 30,000+ emails :) and has stopped growing.
Good luck!
jody huth
jody huth Mar 18 '17
I have godaddy any clue where to find this ?
jody huth
jody huth Mar 18 '17
I had to delete 176+ emails took forever
jody huth
jody huth Mar 18 '17
ok i see what your saying make a dummy email account and point it to that?

jody huth
jody huth Mar 18 '17
thanks

Kevin
Kevin Mar 18 '17
Good. Painful, but you should be able to see the number of files someowhere on godaddy to confirm not growing again.
Kevin
Kevin Mar 18 '17
Do you own a Mustang?
jody huth
jody huth Mar 18 '17
yes i own a mustang love them and the i woke up to 445 emails this morning do you happen to know the code you put in for the cronjobs upon set up of your site with the changes you added?
Kevin
Kevin Mar 18 '17
on my hosting site in the cPanel, I had changed the email that the cron jobs went to to something like cron_emails@mysite.com  (see attached) Originally it was going to the main default like Admin or Info.

Once they were going there, I deleted that mailbox in the cPanel mail account section

Attachments:
  cron_jobs.JPG (24Kb)
  email_accounts.JPG (11Kb)
jody huth
jody huth Mar 18 '17
Hey thanks alot got that under control now. Have you had any issues with updates going to a white screen by chance? i gave up trying to update anything on my site or adding plugins.

Kevin
Kevin Mar 18 '17
Luckily no white screens. Only have updated a couple of plugins.
jody huth
jody huth Mar 21 '17
ok did that? so how does that help with updating?still have about 15 updates i still cant update? Just shows my version up to date.
jody huth
jody huth Mar 21 '17
i didnt do an back up haha but if i have to start fresh guess it will have to be done
The Forum post is edited by jody huth Mar 21 '17
Kevin
Kevin Mar 21 '17
You might want to start a new thread just for this to see if any other ideas...
Gerry
Gerry Jul 16 '17
See this thread for the solution.

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/56235