We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

get page not found when posting on the newsfeed | Forum

jeo
jeo Aug 19 '12
how can i fix my newsfeed problem i keep getting page not found when i post?
jeo
jeo Aug 20 '12
any help yet?
jeo
jeo Aug 23 '12
More info: it lets me post now after unstalling it and adding a new plugin of newsfeed, now when anyone comments post they get "page not found" how can this be fixed? Please
Den Team
Den Aug 24 '12
Enable DEV_MODE and try again. Any errors?
jeo
jeo Aug 24 '12
ok i try now thanks
jeo
jeo Aug 24 '12
nothing happen when i did that but i tryed enable DEBUG_MODE and got a message at the top of my site. I took a screen shoot of it that iv attached and also tryed unstalling welcome message plugin cause i can see a text on the error of it, but still the same. Have a look?
Attachments:
  newsfeed error.png (16.29Kb)
jeo
jeo Aug 25 '12
please help?
jeo
jeo Aug 26 '12
no help still :(
suresh kumar
suresh kumar Aug 26 '12
heya it stopped showing that error when i disabled the main page and set the dashboard as the starting page
jeo
jeo Aug 26 '12
thanks that worked :) but how comes???
suresh kumar
suresh kumar Aug 26 '12
i eventually figured it out but i dont know where the problem in the main page
jeo
jeo Aug 26 '12
ok thanks tho you help solve my problum :)
Afham
Afham Aug 29 '12

Quote from suresh kumar heya it stopped showing that error when i disabled the main page and set the dashboard as the starting page

i do what you said its work finally but i still cannot post anything in my newsfeed .. when i post something on dashboard it become 500.html again ..please help me..i've reinstall newsfeed more than 30x times.. nothing happen.. newsfeed appear but i cannot post on them..it'll become error 500 ...please..

this is my website.. http://socialous.me ..i've set no email required activation for you all test the newsfeed.. need hurry help!
Michael I.
Michael I. Sep 4 '12
Afhan, did you try reproducing the issue with DEV_MODE enabled? It would allow you providing us with more information about the problem you are facing.