We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Install Problem - Graphite Extended | Forum

Lisa
Lisa Aug 22 '12

Hi there! I downloaded this new theme (looks great on the demo site), but when I go to install it - I get a 500 error every time. Then, when I go to activate the theme, it doesn't activate properly. I have tried removing it and reinstalling it several times but am encountering the same error each time.

Can you assist?

Andreas
Andreas Aug 22 '12
And the installation works without problems? Have you set the Access to your Folders as described in the installation textfile, wich layes in your root directory?
Lisa
Lisa Aug 22 '12

I don't understand your response.

I have never had a problem installing any other plugin or theme... and I have installed many. I don't believe I have any issues with folder access.

After I get the 500 error, I go back to my site and go to themes, and there is a square for your theme, but it is blank (no thumbnail) and if I activate it, my site looks awful (plain white background, all formatting gone?). Something isn't functioning properly.

Lisa
Lisa Aug 22 '12

I would like to add - that when I check OW Themes, all the files appear to be there, but even the theme preview image is a broken link when looking at the "choose theme" page. See below:

Then when I try to load my page with the activated theme, none of the images/formatting loads. Heres' a small snippet so you see what I mean:

Andreas
Andreas Aug 22 '12
Just download it again. That was my Fault. I have named a directory wrong.
Lisa
Lisa Aug 22 '12

Hi Andreas,

I re-downloaded it, removed the old one, and re-installed it. This time, it did not cause a 500 error, but images are still all broken links, etc.

Andreas
Andreas Aug 22 '12
I downloaded it now too. Deleted the old first.
Than installed via upload.

All images are there and the Theme is working.
Andreas
Andreas Aug 22 '12
Can you empty the folder: "/ow_smarty/template_c" ?
Maybe its a Cache Problem.

Is a graphiteexteded Folder under "/ow_static/themes" ?
Andreas
Andreas Aug 22 '12
You should see under "/ow_static/themes" the following Files and Folder. While Installation Oxwall copies them over there.

Lisa
Lisa Aug 22 '12
PERFECT! Emptying out template_c and then re-installing the theme did the trick - thank you for all your help (and for being so fast!!). Thanks!
Lisa
Lisa Aug 22 '12

Hi Andreas -- unfortunately, with our advertising plugin and custom logo, the mobile viewability gets really odd looking as the graphics interfere. And, unfortunately, we rely on the sidebar for the advertising spot there as well.

I'm excited for the possibilities of mobile viewability, but looks like we'll have to wait for now. Without custom graphics or ads in the way, though, this theme looks really good.

Andreas
Andreas Aug 22 '12
Can You Send me a Link? I can help you to make your Theme mobile ready.
If you then make a Donation for my help, I would be realy glad :D

Maybe there are only a few CSS Tags to modify...
DesignOX
DesignOX Sep 11 '12
I will give you $5 for making my site mobile.
http://bronies.org/
This topic is locked
You do not have permission to reply this topic