We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Yanking out htmlarea | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Geek Girl
Geek Girl Aug 24 '12
I want to yank out the htmlarea code.  I don't understand why the developers would hard code htmlarea into the core when it is dead buggy code that has been dead for many many years.  If one was going to add a WYSISWYG editor, then it would be one that is in active development with security and bugs being fixed; also one that is being upgraded to handle HTML5 specifications.  However, that is beside the point.

I want instructions on how htmlarea was hard coded into the core.  Yes, I know you offer a TinyMCE plugin for sale but I don't want to buy it.  TinyMCE is free, open source, and I can just add it myself.  I did see that htmlarea.js is located in two different places?  Why?  What other scripts do I need to edit and what do I need to remove?

Thank you for your support; Of course I will release my work back to the community.
Michael I.
Michael I. Sep 7 '12
Wyze, you are absolutely off topic here. The main idea of the OP is that she wants to have WYSIWYG disabled or changed to another plugin.

Geek Girl, I will contact our developers regarding your request and will see if we can provide you with any assistance.

Michael I.
Michael I. Sep 7 '12
Geek Girl, sorry but providing you with a solution would take as much time as integrating TinyMCE for you, if not longer. So, as developers said, paid TinyMCE plugin is paid because no developers would do so much hard work for free.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Replacing the htmlarea with any other editor would need hard word as Michael rightly pointed out.

Oxwall can think of having a config within admin section where admins can choose which editor to use.