We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

TinyChat Problems | Forum

John
John Aug 15 '10
Two things.

How can the Moderator not being a moderator issue be fixed?

It shows a star next to my name in chat, but trying to use the Moderator Features, it tells me I am a not a moderator.

Second, does this tinychat run off the server of the host we are using or does it go through THE tinychat.com servers?

Den Team
Den Aug 16 '10
Hi John
1) You can't assign any moderator at current integration of TinyChat, because tinychat.com doesn't provide such API yet.

2) This chat run on tinychat.com own server, not your.
John
John Aug 16 '10
This is terrible. A chat that cannot be moderated and one which is not run off our own server. That answers questions I havent even asked yet.

Is there a way to stop tinychat from allowing people from other sites to enter? I've seen some bizarre people from the Philippines in chat 24/7. They never seem to leave.
Michael Leader
Michael Aug 16 '10
i am going to test a phpfreechat page in oxwall soon. Once i can either get a local install to work or probably just create a test oxwall on my live host.

I will post the results! (soon)
John
John Aug 16 '10
I just took a look at phpfreechat. It doesnt have Webcams.

That won't work for me. I have several sites with many users and they'd lynch me, shoot me and then lynch me again, if I introduced a new site to them that doesnt support webcams. One day I did a test and quietly removed our webcam feature. They noticed. I got flooded with emails and calls about the missing cam feature lol.

Some of my sites run Boonex Dolphin (Boonex.com) and it has its own cam feature. I never liked the way the cams are set up. Much too small. Smaller than tinychat.

I did find what seems like a nice chat. Vidoe is bigger. It is at http://www.flashcoms.com/..._mode=general&mode=3

Let me know what you think..
Den Team
Den Aug 17 '10
Good idea John.
We have already contacted FlashComs with the proposal of integration their webcam chat as a plugin for Oxwall software.
And we will inform you as soon as we get any news from them.
Thanks
Johnny
Johnny Jun 2 '11
I prefer a light chat where people can talk directly on site main page..
hey michael did you already done the phpfreechat in oxwall?
Michael Leader
Michael Jun 3 '11
A chat not running on your server is good. Keeps your resources and bandwidth down :o)
PHPfreechat will probably need turned into a plugin of sorts to bridge with the login of the site.

@john, phillipines people on your site 24/7? The tiny chatroom is a random generated name so it is quite hard to find unless you are a member of your site...