We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cannot Update Plugins or Theme - FTP Permissions Error | Forum

AM AM
AM AM May 28 '17
I've seen multiple posts on this and I've followed every step, in all of them. And still, I am unable to edit the plugins for my site. As a result, more pages are leading to a 500 Internal Server error, which I can only assume is due to the updates not being installed.

How can I manually update the plugins in cpanel? FTP does not work.

Locofans
Locofans Jun 6 '17
Hey AM AM, did you managed to get it working? If not let me know.
Bruce Tran
Bruce Tran Jun 13 '17
Have you tried login as an Admin and go to Plugins > Add New and select the zip file from your computer? It will required your CP login and password.
Steve
Steve Jun 13 '17
I am having the same problem with one of my sites. But since I host my site myself I use what is called zpanel which is similar to cpanel but free.

The way I do it is I have ssh server also set up on my servers and I connect to the server using ssh client winSCP.

These are my steps.

1> unzip plugin

2> login to serer using winscp

3> on the left side of the screen is the machine you logged in with there locate the plugin folder

4> on the right side of the screen is your server find the ow_plugins folder and click on it

5> now right click on the plugins folder on the left side of the screen and click on upload

6> Now login to your site with your admin account go to admin panel click on Available plugins and the click on the plugin you want to install.

P.S.>Note all of the folders leading to your sites plugin folder has to have the permission set to 0777