We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall x Elgg | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Marcos Roberto
Marcos Roberto Sep 1 '12
Bom dia,gostaria de saber se alguem sabe me informar se tem como migrar um banco de dados do Elgg para o Oxwall.

Tenho um site montado na plataforma Elgg,gostaria de mudar para o Oxwall,mas não quero perder as postagens e nem os registros de usuários.

Obrigado e bom final de semana a todos.

Purusothaman Ramanujam
I believe this is something related to comparison on ELGG and Oxwall. In the past, I have created few plugins for ELGG.

Please have the details in English so that others could respond.
Michael I.
Michael I. Sep 7 '12
Marcos, of course it is possible to migrate your members from Elgg to Oxwall, but that would require custom code modifications then. I would recommend looking for a developer that could create a plugin allowing migration from Elgg to Oxwall. And I believe that that plugin would be successful.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Yeah. That could be done successfully as said before.
Marcos Roberto
Marcos Roberto Sep 7 '12
Michael, você poderia me ajudar,nesse projeto?

Eu não falo ingles, uso o google translator rsrs

Marcos Roberto
Marcos Roberto Sep 7 '12

Good afternoon, as already said above, I have a website made with Elgg, and want to switch to Oxwall, I wonder how to keep the created profiles, albums and users, would like to know how to proceed? If someone here can help me in this project.

PS: text translated by google translator, do not speak English

Purusothaman Ramanujam
I have replied to your an private message.
ura soul
ura soul Sep 26 '12
i am also interested in the possibility of an elgg to oxwall transfer..
i conclude from this conversation that the importer for oxwall does not have templates for elgg and other sites?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Yes.. The importer for oxwall does not work with any other particular script.
Michael
Michael Sep 26 '12
I had a elgg network for around 4 months, it got to about 9,000 members but in my opinion is a dinosour compared to oxwall. We happily deleted our elgg site and started a fresh with oxwall, so far so good. Our members didnt mind after they so the new site (oxwall site).

To be honest even though we have customised our site somewhat and will continue to do so we are happy to have the oxwall back link in the footer, credit where credits due.

Pete
Pete Sep 26 '12
I would just like to add,with all of these new mods now Available for oxwall,oxwall is an excellent choice,much better than ELGG .The only let down is the forum,and there is a need for more  pro templates,and better support,but i am sure in the next few weeks we shall have a mod to add smf forum board,and i believe we shall have a members support desk soon . I think Oxwall is going to be better than the "main facebook script", in a few months.
The Forum post is edited by Pete Sep 26 '12
ura soul
ura soul Sep 26 '12
thanks for the info; i don't have so many users on the elgg version so that isn't such an issue.. i may just switch over to oxwall if i get on well with the software.

you can see a test version of the elgg site i customised here:
http://test.infiniteeureka.com/activity

i'm also interested to know how much work is needed to recreate an elgg theme in oxwall.. i presume oxwall allows full css theming.. i haven't looked that closely at it yet, i am still setting up a demo on my server.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I personally had a ELGG site and developd a couple of ELGG pugins for free for my requirement.

But I was not quite happy with ELGG functionality. But to say their support in forums and the core team response is really great.