We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Status of Oxwall | Forum

Kenny S
Kenny S Jun 22 '17
What is the Status of Oxwall development?
I have noticed it has been a long time since and update, not many people trying toi help other users of the software with issues....
Is oxwall dead/dieing?
Should we continue to invest time?
Is there anything we has the community can do to help this issue?

PLEASE Can someone from the team actually reply to this a give us some kind of info, people should know.
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Jun 23 '17

It seems that the core team doesn't have resources enough to release new updates for now, but as I know they will manage to resume active development  later this year. 

Anyway Oxwall core is quite stable at the moment, it does not have super serious issues. And as I can see, there are many new plugins and plugins' updates releasing each month. I think, the software is not dead as long as it has active plugins/themes developers and community members.

The Forum post is edited by Sergey Kambalin Jun 23 '17
Kenny S
Kenny S Jun 27 '17
Well I hope it continues to grow and build I like it. I hope these people make a statement soon!
Stan
Stan Jul 1 '17
I understand that the option to rotate the photos will be coming in the future.

The sad thing is that was said 5 years ago.  To have photos upside down or sideways is embarrassing to the member.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 1 '17
there is a plugin that can make you manually rotate let say if you have 200 members everyday in 1 year that will bee alot rotate and not a good solution . 

it should bee solved in the core on AUTO like everyelsse community platforms.

i refuse manualy rotate images with a plugin 200 times a day and imagine if you have 300 or 400 members join everyday what alot work that would bee that could bee used for much better work to marketing you website or not need hire one employee to do this.

yes i agree this is not a small core issue it is a BIG core issue that Sergey did call a small issue and stabel and it have make me very upset 1000 times why they not put effort fix this like you say in 5 years

I SHY and oxwall should bee SHY have crazy avatars on they software it is a VISIBLE issue that noone can ignore not even oxwall TEAM

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jul 1 '17
Shaun
Shaun Jul 8 '17

Quote from Stan I understand that the option to rotate the photos will be coming in the future.

The sad thing is that was said 5 years ago.  To have photos upside down or sideways is embarrassing to the member.

There is this ROTATE AVATAR PLUGIN in the store. Is that of any help?
Stan Jensen
Stan Jensen Jul 10 '17
I have that and it works great.. but what about all the other photos?

Who would want to showcase photos of themselves upside down or sideways?

and yet, this seems acceptable to the developers.

The Forum post is edited by Stan Jensen Jul 15 '17
Stan Jensen
Stan Jensen Aug 8 '17
Can you imagine, if you are a divorced professional, and you are making your way back into the single scene and your photos are upside down or sideways..

REALLY? OXWALL?  and people have been asking for a fix for 5 years?  Even boonex has fixed that for theirs.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 9 '17
+1 stan agree totally.

That is the biggest visible issue they ever have and i still confused why they ignore it so many years?

moderators have much other things to do then turn 100000 avatars correct ...

Tomas oxwall support php7 , but not a public confirm yet from oxwall team.

i was thinking about convert to wordpress but i wait for they new apps to see what candy this apps will have...if nothing that blow me off from the chair i think i go for wordpress next website....i need success before i get 60 or 70 years old :)))

Kenny S
Kenny S Aug 10 '17
Any good links on a wordpress conversion?
Kenny S
Kenny S Aug 10 '17
I'd be interested in converting to wordpress if I can keep my user database.
JB TECH
JB TECH Sep 5 '17
Yeah, but at least some sort of communication via social media accounts or something would be appreciated in regards to the software. A review I leave on a plugin gets denied one day later, but nothing for when asking about problems and such.

The current software is stable, but there are issues that should be noted for development, mainly with mobile. The fact that you can't edit your profile, change profile pictures, and there seems to be an AJAX-related bug when you try to comment on an Album post in the Newsfeed (when there are multiple pictures of an album in the newsfeed). Stable, but these problems and design approaches are leaving for confused users.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Sep 10 '17
The core software is NOT stable if it turns avatars upside down.

The code can not handle visible avatars photos in 8 years! stop say the CORE code is stable, it is very unstable code that others have solved 5 years ago!

END OF STORY....

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Sep 10 '17
Joey
Joey Sep 11 '17

Quote from OW-Ghost The core software is NOT stable if it turns avatars upside down.

The code can not handle visible avatars photos in 8 years! stop say the CORE code is stable, it is very unstable code that others have solved 5 years ago!

END OF STORY....

True.

i cant believe this site is still up and running.

Mag
Mag Oct 9 '17
so thats it.. nothing... oxwall is fine with taking peoples money.. but ...giving nothing? i mean wtf ...if you arent able/willing/interested in continuing it may be a nice thing to let others know so we dont spend our money, trying to work a dead horse...
ArtMedia
ArtMedia Oct 11 '17
On github you can see large commits, so maybe developers working on next version
Ilja
Ilja Nov 28 '17
It's really interesting what is the status and who is working on oxwall in github. There is some movement there https://github.com/oxwall/oxwall/commits/master but no new releases. Does anyone has any information on that?
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Nov 28 '17
Indeed, a lot of changes has been committed in the recent months. The class declaration removed from exceptionHandler particularly was done to solve the compatibility issue with PHP7 error handling.
Ilja
Ilja Nov 29 '17
So who is behind this commits? Old oxwall team, or some community guys? Would be interesting to know the vision.
Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye May 4 '18

You will have a responsibility.

This lack of sense of the Oxwall team does not make any sense, I have concerns about this issue.

How will Oxwall affect us in case of shutdown?

We have a lot of paid add-ons, the developers are no longer responding to the reason that the team is silent. There are no judgments in the attachments. What could be the problems waiting for us in case of Oxwall closure.

The plugin will be developed.

The developer connection will be broken.

The plugin license query url will have problems with the incorrect connection reason.

I guess all controls on Oxwall do not have a different connection-based relay. There is no data from outside in case of closure, but there are things I can not see. Please talk about these issues, the developer problem is already known. Share your knowledge to avoid becoming more victims.

What will happen when OXWall stops broadcasting?

Pages: 1 2 »