We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Dashboard | Error 500 | Forum

Igor
Igor Jun 24 '17

Hi,

Suddenly I started receiving Error 500 when clicking the Dashboard button. In admin panel everything works fine and Dashboard button settings also in order. Nothing as far as I know changed on db or hosting.
What could be the reason?

-------------------
Error 500
Internal Server Error.

If you are the site admin, click here for details (+)

Something went wrong!
To get the error details follow these steps:
- Open ow_includes/config.php file and set DEBUG_MODE to true
- Reproduce your last action.

Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Jun 24 '17
You need to enable DEBUG_MODE to get the error details. It is not possible to figure out the reason of the error without details.
Igor
Igor Jun 24 '17
Hi Sergey,

I do get debugging info.
It refers to a post that was removed from forum.
All updates were installed, but dashboard still doesn't appear.
Is there a way to reset dashboard settings?

Error details: Type: Exception Message: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'title":"Edu: Почему мы чешемся","width":480,"height":270,"html":"' at line 1 File: .../forum/ow_core/database.php Line: 723
The Forum post is edited by Igor Jun 24 '17
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Jun 24 '17

It is possible that News Feed widget produced this error, but I can not say for sure - not enough details of the error. The SQL error message is not as informative as exception trace ( file name and line number where the error was triggered ).

Try to remove widgets from dashboard, one by one, via admin panel. This way you can find which widget produces the error.

Igor
Igor Jun 24 '17
Thanks a lot Sergey, it solved my problem.
Had to uninstall and reinstall News Feed plug-on.
Cheers.