We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Error - PLEASE update plugin! - Facebook Connect | Forum

David
David Jul 13 '17
"Application Setup Failed."  I've set these up at least 10 times and never had that problem.  The app version was updated by Facebook on the 10th of this month.  I think the problem might be that Facebook Connect plugin needs updated. 
David
David Jul 13 '17
We cannot use this plugin with version 4.9.  It only works with version 4.8.  Cannot create new apps.  Please update plugin to work with new FB guidelines and versions.
Jimmy
Jimmy Aug 17 '17

Hello impossible to run this plugin. I created the application on facebook I have an ID number and a key and for all it does not want to take it. Someone would have an idea to help me. Thank you Jimmy

David
David Aug 17 '17
Jimmy... that's what I've been telling these people for a month, now.  I agree with you.  Good luck.    The developer doesn't care.  Seems like the Oxwall developers don't care either.  Try to get one to answer you or participate in the forums.... heck, they haven't even updated Oxwall in over a year... they don't even monitor the spam posts here.  They don't talk to us or say a WORD anymore. 
David
David Aug 17 '17
This is no way to treat people who spend TONS of money in their store and moved our websites to their platform and put our faith in them.  It's unprofessional and inconsiderate. 
Jimmy
Jimmy Aug 28 '17

Hello impossible to run this plugin. I have returned the Id and the secret key but nothing works. Someone would have any idea ? Thank you very much Jimmy
Jojo
Jojo Sep 2 '17
Not working for me either, at ALL. You're right, I think next time it's better to use a social system that is more reliable with support and community and documentation. Critical things like this cannot just "stop working" with no response from anyone who developed it.
The Forum post is edited by Jojo Sep 2 '17
David
David Sep 3 '17
I totally agree, Jojo.  This is infuriating.
Liohn Sherer
Liohn Sherer Sep 7 '17
+1
Liohn Sherer
Liohn Sherer Sep 7 '17
Update: I can't find the link now, but I found a post somewhere online about switching into Dev Mode and that fixing the problem. I've been hammering at this for about half an hour now, and suddenly the plugin is connected.

I think the sequence that worked was:

1. Uninstall the plugin

2. Switch to dev mode

3. Reinstall the plugin

4. Enter credentials, and save. It says failed

5. Turn off dev mode.

After doing all that (and maybe some other stuff), I suddenly noticed on refresh of the Facebook Connect Settings page that it was connected!

Hope this helps, @David et. al.

Matej
Matej Dec 12 '17
Plugin is not working...
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 30 '17
Chris_W i seriously thinking about rebuilding my sites from scratch to. I have many problems with facebook connect and facebook profiles that not use latin letters.

today i was remove the facebook connect button from my desktop site totally because i see people that not use latin letters can not join my site, and i just notice this recenlty

I feel they was not think about other countrys at all when they created this facebook plugin.
username can not includes none latin letters and i think the gender is a issue to when facebook profile is created in none latin letters.
i missing a international platform and apps they only create local software and apps i very tired of that and need some international software and apps that works in many countrys despite what letters they use in that country

Alan
Alan Jan 17 '18
I also found this to be an issue, I removed it and installed it again only to find this error :(

Something went wrong!
To get the error details follow these steps:
- Open ow_includes/config.php file and set DEBUG_MODE to true
- Reproduce your last action.

Error details:Type:ExceptionMessage:Failed to connect to graph.facebook.com port 443: Connection refusedFile:/home/u530309961/public_html/ow_libraries/facebook/base_facebook.phpLine:1012Trace:#0 /home/u530309961/public_html/ow_libraries/facebook/base_facebook.php(929): BaseFacebook->makeRequest('https://graph.f...', Array) #1 /home/u530309961/public_html/ow_libraries/facebook/base_facebook.php(892): BaseFacebook->_oauthRequest('https://graph.f...', Array) #2 [internal function]: BaseFacebook->_graph('/10215296370706...') #3 /home/u530309961/public_html/ow_libraries/facebook/base_facebook.php(672): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #4 /home/u530309961/public_html/ow_plugins/fbconnect/bol/service.php(159): BaseFacebook->api('/10215296370706...') #5 /home/u530309961/public_html/ow_plugins/fbconnect/bol/service.php(204): FBCONNECT_BOL_Service->fbGetFieldValueList('102152963707066...', Array) #6 /home/u530309961/public_html/ow_plugins/fbconnect/controllers/connect.php(82): FBCONNECT_BOL_Service->requestQuestionValueList('102152963707066...') #7 [internal function]: FBCONNECT_CTRL_Connect->login(Array) #8 /home/u530309961/public_html/ow_core/request_handler.php(250): ReflectionMethod->invokeArgs(Object(FBCONNECT_CTRL_Connect), Array) #9 /home/u530309961/public_html/ow_core/request_handler.php(226): OW_RequestHandler->processControllerAction(Object(ReflectionMethod), Object(FBCONNECT_CTRL_Connect)) #10 /home/u530309961/public_html/ow_core/application.php(346): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch() #11 /home/u530309961/public_html/index.php(76): OW_Application->handleRequest() #12 {main}

David
David Jan 19 '18
Yeah.. that happened to one of my sites as well, Alan.  This is why I don't uninstall it on the other sites... I just putz around with it on the code level... with no results, either.
Alan
Alan Feb 2 '18
I give up on it lol
Alan
Alan Feb 28 '18
I get an access denied when trying to update the settings Chris_W :/
David
David Feb 28 '18
As do I

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 1 '18
i did give up to. deactivate plugin now. i have many issues with the plugin. mostly half finished profile joins all the time. and wrong gender and people with not valid emails joins . i think there is alot hack tools to get fake many fake facebook profiles easily, and the email not even need bee approved ? garbage profiles can destroy your business so i decide remove it
The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Mar 1 '18
Alan
Alan Mar 1 '18
I've done the same as OW-Ghost and uninstalled it smdh
You do not have permission to reply this topic