We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Improved Blogs? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Elle Spears
Elle Spears Sep 7 '12
Just a suggestion but I think it would make a huge improvement to oxwall if the blog plugin could be improved. I don't think there's terribly much needs done but a few improvements I think will go a long way. The main thing I'd like to see with this is the ability to add a featured photo to a blog like you can do in wordpress, and have the blog show up with that photo and a small excerpt of the blog title and a 'read more' linked to where users can view the whole post.
Trackbacks would be a useful feature too.

In addition I'd also love to see the ability for admins to post announcements without having to mass mail users or post in the news feed. I guess it could be done with a custom text box and typing in that but it'd be useful to have a ticker or rss feed style thing for announcements (obviously only editable by admins, but readable for all users)

If anyone could release these soon, or point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful!

Alia Team
Alia Sep 13 '12
Elle, consider about posting a suggestion to oxwall.uservoice.com and we will implement it if your suggestion get enough votes and we find it reasonable to implement.
Elle Spears
Elle Spears Sep 17 '12
Thanks, I posted on there just now :)