We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

"See more" link is not active (error) | Forum

Igor
Igor Jul 31 '17
Hi guys,

Did anyone come across issue with "See more" link not working?

I'm sharing links with websites and attaching text to it. Sometime attached text is too long and then this link appears, to expand the text.

It's not active anymore in the posts I share and there is no error message - seems ok, but it's not possible to read text further, only following the link.

Any ideas in which db field within news-feed plugin to search?
Thanks!
Old Grower
Old Grower Sep 7 '17
I am having the same problem. I kind of defeats the purpose of having a "See more", when it only works sometimes. I cannot see any rhyme or reason as to why it works sometimes and not others. I was hoping there was a fix for this already, but seeing that there is no reply to this post, I guess not.

This software had promise, but is failing on so many levels that I just don't see its usefulness anymore.

Unless someone has a fix for this, I am going to have to start looking at alternatives because this just isn't working at a level that is acceptable.

Igor
Igor Sep 21 '17

Quote from Brett Prokop I am having the same problem. I kind of defeats the purpose of having a "See more", when it only works sometimes. I cannot see any rhyme or reason as to why it works sometimes and not others. I was hoping there was a fix for this already, but seeing that there is no reply to this post, I guess not.

This software had promise, but is failing on so many levels that I just don't see its usefulness anymore.

Unless someone has a fix for this, I am going to have to start looking at alternatives because this just isn't working at a level that is acceptable.

It happens rarely, but I didn't manage to find the reason.
Old Grower
Old Grower Sep 21 '17
Igor, thank you for responding. Unfortunately this happens on my site on a daily basis, now we have to keep posts to a couple of short sentences to make sure our thoughts are actually shared. This is very poor software, with no real support, and this problem is unacceptable; it defeats the purpose of sharing with others, when your thoughts are lost by the system. If there is no one who build this software that is willing to address these issues, this software has no value.

Ingrammer, what kind of low-life piece of shit are you that you would spam a support forum? People need help and you waste their time with your drivel? I suppose you get paid for clicks to the links you embedded into your post, which makes you total scum, in my opinion. Why don't you do the world a favor, and stick your head into a wood chipper; none of us need your bullshit. Better yet, how about I curse you and all the other low-life pieces of shit like you to die choking on your own feces; everything you deserve, you fucking ASSHOLE!