We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cometchat - Good or Bad ? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 1 '17
Hello

Is there anyone who can tell if cometchat is a good chat solution or if someone have bad experinese with cometchat?

I used skadates own video chat plugin but it was bring down my site speed 100% so i was need uninstall it from my website.

My experiense with external plugins and when loading external urls and scripts is that they slow down your site but i never try cometchat so i can not tell if it make this slow site effect happens to you desktop site?

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 2 '17
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 2 '17
nobody use cometchat at oxwall??

would bee nice get some review ......

if not i need to test it my self :/

Petre Marian
Petre Marian Aug 2 '17
I use arrowchat

I bought some time agoo and cometchat but at installation i had some problems to set it up (but I buy the cheapest version i think... not guarantee instalation version) and nobody help me to set it up.... so I swich on arrowchat...

The only thing that I miss is the "chat now" button under the users avatar ...

And of course Arowchat DON't Have bots... :(((((( I can use some bots ... :))

The Forum post is edited by Petre Marian Aug 2 '17
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 2 '17
Thank you for share you experiense with cometchat :)

I was thinking about arrowchat 

If you inactivate arrowchat and do some test here:

https://gtmetrix.com/

and

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

do you see any differnece in loading speed and other things?

Because as i said before when loading extern urls and script you oxwall and skadate site can slow down VERY much.

And it is just this i interested to know about arrowchat and about cometchat.

the speed difference when it is active and when it is not active at all

would bee nice to know before i test my self 

Good website speed = Great success 2017 and google will bee very happy :)

Zee Slot
Zee Slot Aug 2 '17

Hi,

CometChat readily integrates with SkaDate. You can embed CometChat in a site page or use the floating chat bar on every page of your website. Your users can initiate voice, video and text chat from anywhere, anytime. All features of CometChat including private chat, chatrooms, games, real-time translation and more will work effortlessly in your SkaDate site. You can restrict CometChat to certain usergroups as per your choice. CometChat will synchronize with the SkaDate inbox for a seamless experience across the site.

Find more details on their site: https://www.cometchat.com/skadate-chat

Thank you 

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 2 '17
yes but everything sounds very good on they own website as always when it comes to marketing you own software.

My point was to get reviews from they who use cometchat daily and again if it slows down you desktop software and you mobile apps?

i guess it slows down you desktop software and mobile apps ,but i can bee wrong about it.

i find one thing bad with cometchat and that is the price

900 USD for videochat and everything integrated to your skadate mobile apps.

that is way TO MUCH money i feel....the skadate software it self is almost cheaper then the chat software that you integrate ....loool....(to bee very excited to not bee very excited)

skadate and oxwall should let they customers buy they service for much lower price because they mass affiliate they service

that is my opinion. at least get the price down 50% same as you need pay every year for upgrade then it is 50% cheaper

900 USD plus probably VAT ....it will bee more then a 1000 USD bill !!!....christmas comes early this year for a small or medium business owner...looool

and offcourse you want video chat to all you 3 platforms so not tell me there is cheaper plans with no video chat that is not interesting. either all features or none features that what everyone needs...not a half software solution that you pay money for.

give us the best and for resonable price and both part will win on it. or bee greede and get no customers at all...that how it works!

I been thinking about the 50% they add to all new customers. what website adds 50% for new customers they must bee the first one use such in my opinion stupid marketing and sell trick. 

as a new customer you want to have some form dsicount maybe for buy they biggest package and not pick another service from they competioners ,but cometchat they pick to add 50% on new customers....and then next year the 50% go away...it is a oposit sell strategy that many use for get new customers and typicaly a india strategy...they get greede when they grow big this india guys....i not like that sell method at all

if the prices will go down 50% i will concider buy they service if not i will better hire someone integrate another video chat and smiley plugin to my apps for 1000 usd or 1500 usd at least then i know i not need pay every year big money to a company for have upgrades i will only pay small money for upgrade my own software and invest money in my own business not invest money in a gredee company

They can defend they prices how much they want, but i feel it to way much money and i know they have customers renew they plan every year so they are not poor people only greede in my opinion.

My last word will bee:

remove the 50% that you add to new customers and you will get more customers no doubt about it.

you aim for bigger business with you prices but you totally forget how many small and medium business there is in the world they are much more then bigger ones! and we need same features as the bigger ones need for success

Onur
Onur Aug 11 '17
Cometchat is good for but expensive. there is a option. show all user on chatbar. it is good. i also want to make it mywebsite becasue it is not so big. to show all user i asked it forum but no body didnt reply my messages. 

it would be nice for oxwall on bar show all user mod and Friend MOD for small websites.