We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

You don't have permission to access /admin/settings/page on this server. | Forum

Wally
Wally Sep 10 '12
I got this error when I tried to add javascript (tracker) to the "Custom tail code" in "Global page settings"

We have added a special php.ini file to the install which allows url_fopen, so I doubt it is related to that (but I can't be sure). we also had the host make a change to allow "embed" for adding videos.

I also had an issue with adding certain HTML tag to the splash page, but I gave up on using a splash page a couple weeks ago.

I am somewhat confused about all this. I have been using WP on this server for quite some time, and I never seem to have issues like this. Is there a hosting or other setting that needs to be changed to not have these permission errors.

Thanks!

Wally

Michael I.
Michael I. Sep 13 '12
Wally, so what is the main problem - a message that you don't have permissions? Can you PM me your Admin access details and your URL so that I could check into the issue? It would also be great if you provided more information on other problems you are currently facing.
Wally
Wally Sep 14 '12
Wow, I tried to be as clear as possible, but I guess I failed.

I tried to add a block of javascript to the "Custom tail code" text area in "Global page settings" (under the settings tab). I copied and pasted the javascript from Statcounter.com. When I clicked "Save" I got the following error message:

"You don't have permission to access /admin/settings/page on this server."

This also happened when I tried to update the splash page, but that planned change was abandoned, so I have no more details than that.

Michael I.
Michael I. Sep 18 '12
Okay, thank you for details, but it looks like I would still need your Admin Area access because I cannot reproduce the issue you've reported.