We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How it helps on the site ??? - Blur avatars | Forum

Naeem
Naeem Sep 8 '17

I am interested in blur photos  plugin but i just dont understand how admins are using this on their site ...

What i understand is
It is a blur for avatar photos only.
The photos can still be viewed via the photos link or profile ablums right ???

If anyone is using this plugin can you please explain what purpose it actually solves  ??? or how you are using this plugin ????
Shaun
Shaun Sep 8 '17
Feel fee to look at my site, the link is on my profile :)

I have an adult "swingers site" where I have various settings for my users privacy. One of them is that the site is closed to guest's.

I do however want guest's to sign up so I allow access to my forums and and bloggs for them.

I try to protect my members by blurring the avartars that appear next to their forum post's, blog post's and other places where their avatar might be visible to guest's.

The hope is that guest's will want to see the avatars unblurred and sign up. Its also unlikely a registerd member will be identified by anyone i.e family anf friends unless they themselves have signed up to the site.

Regular photo can still be viewed and cannot be blurred but in my case photo's are restricted to members only so they dont need to be.

The Forum post is edited by Shaun Sep 8 '17
ArtMedia
ArtMedia Sep 8 '17
This plugin blur only users avatar on oxwall site.

Maybe i create plugin to blur photos on default oxwall photo plugin

There you have demo: https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/57251
i set blur avatars to users without avatars, on vid when i have avatar i see normal avatars, when i delete my avatar i se only one normal avatar, rest ale blurred until i add own avatar to site
You do not have permission to reply this topic